Three matches added to AEW's Fight For The Fallen event on 7/15

One thing AEW has done, or not done, is the lack of screwy endings. There’s been one distraction rollup, and it was part of a bigger angle (Christopher Daniels losing a step)
But almost every match has had a definitive winner, and that does mean there has to be a loser. That’s how it works.

3 Likes

My issue with the match was that it just wasn’t good. I tried watching it, and about 8 minutes in I had to turn it off. I felt like I was watching two WWE mid carders go at it on Raw. Afterwards I read that a few posters said it was good so I went back and forced myself to get through it, and by the time it was over I regretted the decision.

The fact that they gave Cage the FTW title the week before also ruined any drama for me, as they pretty much gave away the fact that Moxley was going to walk away with the belt.

AEW definitely has potential, and their midcard is pretty strong, but they really need to fix their main event. They never should have taken the title off Jericho.

Well, its good that you wouldnt like that, considering Jeff Hardy isnt a manager and isnt the same at all, as a manager throwing in the towel, for their client, because he doesnt want to lose his meal ticket. At least make a fair comparison.

I dont get why this is a thing. Just because other people like something, doesnt mean you have to. Everyone likes different shit. I thought the Ivelisse & Diamonte match from last night was garbage. People in the feedback praised it. I’m not gonna go back and try to like it.

I think you must have missed a post. 100% agree with you, it isn’t the same thing at all. I made the comment that I am OK with a manager throwing in the towel, but not another wrestler. Then The POSTmaster asked me if I’m ok with it if its a tag partner, I said yes that would be an exception, and then used the Hardy/Strowman example of what I wouldn’t like. I probably should have just cited Cody/MJF to be honest. I was fine with Tazz doing it, I consider Tazz a manager and totally get the “meal ticket” example.

As to your second comment, I didnt try to like anything, and I also 100% agree that people don’t have to like the same things. I turned that match off because I was incredibly bored, after reading positive feedback I thought maybe I gave up to early. Its not that I felt like a had to like it, had I watched the entire thing and then read positive feedback I never would have went back. Sometimes matches start slowly and then build and build and are great, I thought that this may have been an example of that. I was wrong, the match sucked.