Thunder Rosa comments on the idea of Sasha Banks appearing in AEW

Originally published at Thunder Rosa comments on the idea of Sasha Banks appearing in AEW

Rosa asked about the idea of Sasha Banks showing up in AEW.

Since mid-May, former WWE Women’s Tag Team Champions Naomi and Sasha Banks have been off of WWE television after leaving the venue prior to Monday Night Raw going live on USA Network.

WWE issued a statement on the matter and claimed that Banks and Naomi felt they weren’t respected enough as champions and would later refer to them as ‘unprofessional’ on their television programs. Naomi nor Banks have yet to react publicly but over the past week, Sasha Banks’ contractual status has been reported on by Wrestling Inc., F4WOnline and Fightful’s Sean Ross Sapp.

While doing a virtual signing with The Asylum Wrestling Store, AEW Women’s World Champion Thunder Rosa was asked about the idea of Banks appearing in AEW and expressed that she is up for the challenge.

I mean, of course everybody’s gonna come for whoever’s on top, right? I’m the biggest prey any predator comes after and I’m ready man. I told you, I’m not afraid of nobody. If Sasha wants — if ‘The Boss’ wants some from La Mera Mera, she got it, she got it coming. Hell yeah. That’s how I do.

Next week, AEW and New Japan Pro-Wrestling are co-presenting ‘Forbidden Door’ in Chicago, Illinois. On the card, Rosa is defending her title against Toni Storm. She’s excited to wrestle Toni and added that she’s ready to show why there should be women’s matches on every card.

I’m just ready to show why they should — why there should always be a women’s match on every card in the world. That’s what we’re ready to do.

I’m excited before. I like new challenges all the time because it keeps you on your toes, you know?

As of this writing, below is the updated Forbidden Door match card:

• Vacant AEW All-Atlantic Championship — Four Way Match: PAC vs. Miro vs. TBD vs. TBD
  • Interim AEW World Championship: Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Jon Moxley
  • Chris Jericho, Sammy Guevara & Minoru Suzuki (w/ Tay Conti) vs. Eddie Kingston, Wheeler Yuta & Shota Umino
  • IWGP U.S. Heavyweight Championship: Will Ospreay (c) vs. Orange Cassidy
  • AEW Women’s World Championship: Thunder Rosa (c) vs. Toni Storm
  • Winner Takes All Three-Way Match — ROH World and IWGP Tag Team Championships: FTR (Dax Harwood & Cash Wheeler) (ROH) vs. United Empire (Jeff Cobb & Great-O-Khan) (IWGP) vs. Roppongi Vice (Rocky Romero & Trent)

If the quotes in this article are used, please credit The Asylum Wrestling Store with an H/T to POST Wrestling for the transcriptions.

1 Like