Thunder Rosa says she caught COVID at the beginning of the year

Originally published at Thunder Rosa says she caught COVID at the beginning of the year

The on-screen rivalry between Thunder Rosa and Britt Baker had been carrying on for months before their Unsanctioned Lights Out match on the 3/11 edition of AEW Dynamite. Coming out of that, Rosa’s latest matches for the National Wrestling Alliance began to air on top of her work continuing with AEW.

Prior to the 3/11 Dynamite and their Beach Break match, Baker and Rosa were scheduled to go one-on-one on night two of New Year’s Smash but the match did not take place as advertised. It was noted in the Wrestling Observer Newsletter that Rosa came into contact with someone who tested positive for COVID-19 so it was pulled as a precautionary measure. Pro Wrestling Junkies brought Thunder Rosa on for a Q&A and she stated that she had COVID at the beginning of the year.

It’s been pretty good. I traveled the whole entire pandemic and unfortunately, I got the COVID at the beginning of the year and I was able to go through it well and now I got my vaccine so I’m just waiting for me to get the other one and I just continue to be cautious.

Diving into the Unsanctioned Lights Out match with Britt Baker, Rosa said Jerry Lynn was one of the agents for the match. She spoke about collaborating with Britt Baker and liking what they presented to the audience.

Well, we talked for weeks about the match. There were some changes. You know, in wrestling, there’s always like some changes. But she this match was the delivery of the moves and registering of the moves and the emotions and everything because it was gonna be something that was never done before on national TV, and my whole point of doing a lot of stuff, again, was for not only for me to not get hurt but for my opponent to be safe at all times and I’m really happy with what we delivered and it was really fun to work with one of the most annoying heels on TV who still, she thinks she’s the face of the women’s division, the princess of AEW. She’s not the queen, she’s the princess of AEW. Let’s make it clear.

Rosa was in action on the 4/19 installment of AEW Dark: Elevation. That show will be recapped on upNXT and POST Wrestling’s ‘Shot In The Dark’ show which can be checked out at this link.

If the quotes in this article are used, please credit Pro Wrestling Junkies with an H/T to POST Wrestling for the transcriptions.