Tiffany Stratton confirms injury sidelined her in 2022, was focused on coming back better than before

Originally published at https://www.postwrestling.com/2023/05/18/tiffany-stratton-confirms-injury-sidelined-her-in-2022-was-focused-on-coming-back-better-than-before/

There was five-month period where Stratton was sidelined. 

At NXT New Year’s Evil in January, Tiffany Stratton made her return to the brand after being out of action since August of 2022. At that point, her most recent match had been against Wendy Choo in a Lights Out bout

Stratton was a guest on the Notsam Wrestling podcast and she confirmed that an injury is what kept her out of action for that period of time. She said she was focused on coming back better than she was before. 

I think at first, it’s scary (suffering a major injury) but, you have to realize, for me at least, I take the time away, I come up with a game plan and how I’m gonna come back better, how I’m gonna look. I tried to come back more shredded, you know, have something a little different going on like new gear. I took it as an opportunity to come back and show out and that’s what I did.

The semifinals of the vacant NXT Women’s Championship tournament are taking place on the 5/23 WWE NXT. Stratton is taking on Roxxane Perez and Lyra Valkyria is taking on Cora Jade. The winners of those matches will compete for the title at Battleground

If the quote in this article is used, please credit Notsam Wrestling with an H/T to POST Wrestling for the transcription.