Tiffany Stratton: Greg Gagne & I butted heads when he trained me, but he set me up for success coming into WWE

Originally published at https://www.postwrestling.com/2023/05/26/tiffany-stratton-greg-gagne-i-butted-heads-when-he-trained-me-but-he-set-me-up-for-success-coming-into-wwe/

Greg Gagne recently commented on training Stratton. 

At NXT Battleground, a new NXT Women’s Champion will be crowned when Lyra Valkyria and Tiffany Stratton meet in the finals of the vacant title tournament. 

Greg Gagne, who trained Stratton, spoke about her on Busted Open Radio and described her as a ‘handful’. Stratton appeared on the same platform and reacted to Gagne’s comments. 

She stated that she spoke her mind and Greg gave it back to her. Stratton added that they butted heads but Greg set her up to succeed coming into WWE. 

He (Greg Gagne) helped me a lot. He set me up for success coming into the WWE. I would not have caught on as quickly as I did if it weren’t for him. We butt heads a couple times. I’m a very outspoken person, I will tell you how it is, I’m blunt and if I have a problem with you, I will let you know and I think Greg also gives it to me back. He’s not afraid as well to tell me to shut up and I think that it helped me. I think he is a big factor into why I’m so successful.

Stratton said yes to the question of if she feels she had to scale back her natural personality in order to get along with others in the NXT locker room. 

She said that’s what Gagne told her to do and when she starts at the company, try not to be as outspoken as she is. Stratton said she’s slowly letting loose and being herself. 

Yeah (I had to scale back my natural personality to get along in the NXT locker room). Definitely. At first, I kind of was very much too myself. Coming into the WWE, that’s what Greg (Gagne) told me to do. He told me, ‘Shut up. Don’t be so outspoken. If they give you a correction, obviously take it and don’t say anything’ and I’ve slowly been kind of being more myself and with confidence, I feel like I have just been being more myself recently and I feel like it’s been paying off.

A review of Battleground is going to be up on the POST Wrestling site via the Poisonrana Podcast

If the quotes in this article are used, please credit Busted Open Radio with an H/T to POST Wrestling for the transcriptions.