TNT Championship to be defended on Dynamite

Originally published at TNT Championship to be defended on Dynamite

The TNT Championship will be defended this Wednesday on the three-year anniversary edition of AEW Dynamite.

Wardlow will defend the title against Brian Cage in the latest match announcement for the show in Washington, D.C. this Wednesday.

This Wednesday, October 5
Wednesday Night #AEWDynamite
3 Year Anniversary Show
LIVE on @TBSNetwork 8pm ET/7pm CT

TNT Championship Open Challenge#MrMayhem @RealWardlow
vs #TheMachine @briancagegmsi

See you all on Wednesday night to celebrate 3 great years of #AEWDynamite! pic.twitter.com/Xyg9Bgv2K6

— Tony Khan (@TonyKhan) October 3, 2022

Wardlow won the TNT title on the July 6th edition of Dynamite when he beat Scorpio Sky. He has defended the title against Orange Cassidy, Jay Lethal, Ryan Nemeth, and Tony Nese during this reign.

Below is the updated lineup for Wednesday’s show on TBS from the Entertainment & Sports Arena in Washington, D.C:
*Chris Jericho & Sammy Guevara vs. Bryan Danielson & Daniel Garcia
*TNT Championship: Wardlow (champion) vs. Brian Cage
*Hangman Page vs. Rush
*Toni Storm, Athena & Willow Nightingale vs. Jamie Hayter, Serena Deeb & Penelope Ford
*MJF vs. Wheeler Yuta
*Jay Lethal vs. Darby Allin
*Luchasaurus in action
*National Scissoring Day with The Acclaimed and Billy Gunn

1 Like

Brian Cage…I swear I’ve heard the name before…

He’s Christian’s older brother!

3 Likes

Good move. Glad they’re doing more with him if ROH’s full return is still a ways off. He had pyro for his Dark Elevation match after all.

Really looking forward to it. Rush and Hangman should be a lot of fun too

1 Like

He looks like he ate Christian and it gave him gas. What a belly.

I hope Wardlow wins in 90 seconds

1 Like

I’m in the same boat.

Aside from looking like a sure-fire star from 1985, Brian Cage has never done anything for me. He’s a solid jacked dude, but is pretty bland once you get down down to it.

He had a decent run in Team Taz, and that fun PPV match with Hangman… But he’s not some untapped resource, that he seems to think he is.

2 Likes

The match was long, and Wai liked it much more than I did. If you check out Brian Cage interviews, his impression of what makes a good wrestler is someone who can “do the [most] moves.”

He’s a nightmare to book because he’s top of the card or really nothing, but he can’t talk, and his moveset doesn’t match his build. Roidy Magoo, the most prominent of this generation.

But based on AEW’s Instagram, he has a wide following of people who thought he was going to take the belt off of Wardlow. Astounding, in a bad way.

1 Like