Tom Lawlor's agreement with NJPW is non-exclusive

Originally published at Tom Lawlor's agreement with NJPW is non-exclusive

Tom Lawlor clarifies his agreement with New Japan Pro-Wrestling.

The reigning and first-ever NJPW STRONG Openweight Champion Tom Lawlor is two months out from the one year mark as champion. He won the New Japan Cup USA tournament in 2021 and bested The DKC, Ren Narita, Hikuleo and Brody King in the tournament to capture the title.

Back in November of 2021, Lawlor confirmed that he was no longer under contract with Major League Wrestling after a three-year run with the organization.

Lawlor is a constant on NJPW STRONG and while doing a virtual signing for New Japan, he clarified that he does not have a full-time contract and is working as a freelancer.

Ah, I do not . I consider myself a freelancer of sorts and you can see — if you watch my schedule, I am non-exclusive to New Japan.

Rocky Romero recently shared that at some point during the pandemic, New Japan USA contracts were brought into the fold and there are talents that compete on STRONG who are under those deals.

If the quote in this article is used, please credit the original source with an H/T and link back to POST Wrestling for the transcription.

1 Like