Tommy 'Tiny' Lister, also known as 'Zeus' passes away at 62

Originally published at Thomas 'Tiny' Lister, also known as 'Zeus' passes away at 62

World-renowned actor and professional wrestler Thomas ‘Tiny’ Lister passed away at the age of 62-years old. Lister starred in films such as Beverly Hills Cop, Friday, The Players Cup, Little Nicky, The Dark Knight, Austin Powers and a handful of other films.

TMZ provided additional details on the passing of Thomas Lister as law enforcement arrived to his home in Marina del Rey, California before 3 PM on Thursday. He was not taken to a hospital as he was pronounced deceased on the scene. The cause of death has not been revealed.

'Friday' Star Tommy 'Tiny' Lister Dead at 62 https://t.co/58PRxwPwTo

— TMZ (@TMZ) December 11, 2020

Lister had a successful run in the sport of pro wrestling under the name ‘Zeus’. After appearing in the film ‘No Holds Barred’, that led to an on-screen feud in the WWF between Zeus and Hulk Hogan.

Lister went on to share the ring with the likes of ‘Macho Man’ Randy Savage, Ted DiBiase and had marquee matches on the 1989 SummerSlam and Survivor Series shows. Lister continued to sporadically make wrestling appearances in the 90s, once in Puerto Rico against Abdullah The Butcher and in WCW.

Lister was a fixture in pop culture for a variety of reasons but the entertainment he provided to the masses is highly regarded. His appearances, sayings and mannerisms that he displayed during the ‘Friday’ film he starred in alongside Ice Cube is still heavily referenced 25 years since its release date. Lister was a fixture in the Black community and carved out an extremely successfully career for himself.

POST Wrestling would like to send our condolences to the family, friends and loved ones of Thomas ‘Tiny’ Lister. Thank you for all the years of entertainment, laughs and memorable sayings and moments that will be carried on for years to come. Rest in peace to ‘Zeus’, ‘Deebo’, Thomas “Tiny” Lister Jr.

Not Deebo! This year is too much.

Deebo too? Fuck this horrible year!

RIP Tiny!

Damn! That sucks! I can’t express how shitty this year has been. Worst year of my life by a mile.

BEEFCAKE BARBER!!!

I wasn’t watching in 1989, but when I got hooked in 1991 and a family friend loaned us his VHS archive, I was firmly in the Hulkamania/No Holds Barred demographic wheelhouse. So I thought Zeus was awesome. RIP Tiny.

1 Like

Exact same thing for me, except I rented them from the local video store.

2020 continues to give. This f*cking year man.

First knew him as Zeus then surprisingly became one my favorite character actors in the movies. With Deebo, The real hero of the Dark Knight, and my favorite character in my daughters favorite Disney film Zootopia. This man had an amazing life. RIP Mr Lister.

Sorry to hear this