Tomohiro Ishii is the Best Upper Midcarder in the World

Title says it all

1 Like

He lost today :frowning:

But… THAT MATCH THO! Plus I watched his match with Keith Lee right before it, so I was hella hyped

1 Like

No argument here. He’s at borderline Bret Hart levels of being able to get a great match out of anyone…although unlike Bret, Ishii pretty much always works the same match with the same limited moveset, which makes the fact that his matches are never mediocre all the more incredible. REALLY hope his neck’s okay (well, as okay as you could expect Tomohiro Ishii’s neck to be at this point) after that cringe-heavy spot.

I’d still love for him to get a quick run as IC champ, just as a transitional figure for one of the up and coming younger guys.

2 Likes

Not even the best upper midcarder in New Japan!

He really does pull incredible matches out of guys. I can’t believe the physicality with Elgin (or that he lost). The headbutt was very unnecessary but I thought he was near death after the match. The selling didn’t look like selling - the pain looked more than real

2 Likes

He’s one of the most consistent wrestlers for me and I’m yet to be bored by his matches.

2 Likes

I love me some Minoru, but I think Ishii is too consistent to put anyone in New Japan above him.

1 Like

I had never seen a real headbutt in a match until the Shibata one, and now I cringe whenever I see them. They’re on the same level as chairshots to the head for me. Even when wrestlers are getting up and the opponent will kick or slap the back of their head, those bother me a bit too.

1 Like