Toni Storm didn't mind having pie thrown in her face on WWE SmackDown, original idea was for her shirt to be ripped off

Originally published at Toni Storm didn't mind having pie thrown in her face on WWE SmackDown, original idea was for her shirt to be ripped off

Toni Storm looks back on a segment she was involved in on Friday Night SmackDown.

Before exiting WWE and joining All Elite Wrestling, Toni Storm was a member of the SmackDown roster. In December, she was a part of an on-screen program with then-SmackDown Women’s Champion Charlotte Flair and they had two matches with one another.

There was a segment on the 11/26 SmackDown when Flair threw a pie in Storm’s face. As she was recounting that segment on the AEW Unrestricted podcast, Storm said she did not mind it because the original idea had to do with her shirt being ripped off. Storm said she agreed to the initial idea because releases were taking at the time.

Well, if you must know, I was actually quite happy with that segment that day . I guess I’m gonna be doing that but then a lot of people thought to not have that happen because that would have been terrible, a terrible idea. So to be honest, the pie was actually — it was quite a sweet treat in comparison to what it could’ve been. In hindsight, I don’t mind. You know what? I’m not even mad. People think I’m so mad about that. I think it’s hilarious.

Toni advanced to the semifinals of the Owen Hart Foundation tournament. She’ll be taking on Britt Baker, who advanced by defeating Maki Ito on the 5/18 AEW Dynamite.

If the quote in this article is used, please credit AEW Unrestricted with an H/T to POST Wrestling for the transcription.