Tony Khan calls meeting with Warner Bros. Discovery "most fulfilling meeting of my life”

Originally published at https://www.postwrestling.com/2022/05/27/tony-khan-calls-meeting-with-warner-bros-discovery-most-fulfilling-meeting-of-my-life/

Tony Khan met with members of Warner Bros. Discovery on Thursday with the AEW president labeling it “the most fulfilling meeting of my life.”

In a tweet posted Friday afternoon, Khan said he made a trip to Los Angeles to meet with Warner Bros. Discovery leadership without stating any names he met
with.

Genius move trying to take on Dana and the UFC in Vegas during International Fight Week.

See you tonight on Friday Night #AEWRampage on @tntdrama at a special time tonight
6:30pm ET/5:30pm CT/4:30pm MT/3:30pm PT!

— Tony Khan (@TonyKhan) May 27, 2022

Additionally, he shared that he had dinner with his father and UFC president Dana White – adding that he broke the news to White that WWE was moving its Money in the Bank event from Allegiant Stadium to the MGM Grand Garden Arena on Saturday, July 2nd.

Money in the Bank and UFC 276 is taking place on the same night in Las Vegas with WWE publicly announcing the move to the smaller venue on Thursday and all tickets being placed back on sale.

UFC’s annual International Fight Week will culminate with the pay-per-view at the T-Mobile Arena featuring Israel Adesanya defending the 185-pound title against Jared Cannonier and a third fight between Alexander Volkanovski and Max Holloway for the 145-pound title.

Khan later added a shot at WWE for their decision to run against the UFC that weekend in their home market.