Tony Khan: "I really had a lot of big plans and do still have big plans for Kris Statlander"

Originally published at Tony Khan: "I really had a lot of big plans and do still have big plans for Kris Statlander"

Tony Khan comments on Kris Statlander’s injury.

AEW’s Kris Statlander suffered a torn ACL and lateral meniscus in her right knee. Statlander went down with a torn ACL in the summer of 2020 and returned to in-ring action in early 2021.

She had been involved on-screen with TBS Champion Jade Cargill and was paired with Athena. AEW President Tony Khan appeared on Busted Open Radio and commented on Statlander’s injury. He said he had big plans for her and still does have big plans in place for her.

Of course, Toni Storm was up there, one of the top two contenders for sure with Kris Statlander and Kris Statlander, really unfortunate injury. We’re sorry to see her out. I really had a lot of big plans and do still have big plans for Kris Statlander and terrible timing for one of our great stars to get hurt but we’ve had a lot of injuries this summer and over and over, the wrestlers in AEW have stepped up to help the company when there’s been injuries and I think that’s been the real theme of this summer.

With Statlander sidelined, Toni Storm is now the #1 ranked talent in AEW’s women’s division and is next in line to challenge Thunder Rosa for the championship.

If the quote in this article is used, please credit Busted Open Radio with an H/T to POST Wrestling for the transcription.