Tony Khan on media rights negotiations: ‘We're going to make a great deal for AEW’

They’re putting it out ahead of Dynamite, and will hopefully get a lot more eyeballs across social media channels ahead of the show.

2 Likes

Yeah, but I think they should show it then too. This is excellent – this is exactly what gets me invested in that. Like I don’t just wanna see him come back and randomly wrestle matches. He has to tell me why it’s so important that I want to see him face Swerve again

2 Likes

He’s slowly coming around guys, one Hanger promo at time…. :laughing:

3 Likes

I agree that’s a great idea, but for those that just watch dynamite, I think it would be a good idea to also air it in the show. Do you think that’s a bad idea if they air it? I don’t see the downside outside of those of us who already saw it have to FF a tad.

This is great, and I hope it’s shown in full on Wednesday. The second the words “Wild Card” appeared on the bracket this was the only way the Owen could go. Folks who are mystified that Jarrett came up short or are thinking that this tournament was about Danielson “winning the big one” are akin to that one film critic who was perplexed that “The Big Lebowski” wasn’t leading towards the Dude winning the bowling tournament.

2 Likes

Not only that but “last match as a full time performer” just doesn’t seem like a milestone worth getting too precious about. We don’t even know what Danielson considers part time.

2 Likes

And even that, hs has updated and stated it will be WrestleDream.

I guess my concern is airtime. But yes, given how behind I am on Hangman right now, I think they should air it.

Edit: after less than twelve hours, the video already has over 1M views alone on Twitter. Its connecting with people, and hopefully AEW gets behind him.

2 Likes

Maybe I’m old, but my opinion is that your audience shouldn’t have to do anything extra aside from watching your TV. And even if you have bonus content on YouTube or social media or wherever, the most important linear beats of your stories should be on television

So, in this particular instance, I think that promo is an absolute banger and should air on Dynamite.

3 Likes

I guess you are oldschool. Many people only follow the product through social media and do not bother to watch 3 or 2 hours of TV.

1 Like