Triple H says the person who disrespected recently released talent has been fired from WWE

Regardless of whether or not Mickie (& several other wrestlers it seems) getting their belongings shipped to them via trash bag is the “biggest deal”, it’s still indicative of a larger cultural issue within WWE regarding how they treat their performers & staff.

Mark Carrano being let go is a step in the right direction, however someone had to fall on the sword quickly as they just had an earning call where Vince labeled his current management team as the “greatest in WWE history”. Hard to really say that’s true after today (if it ever was). Ultimately, this is all about them treating people with respect, & they have to hope this doesn’t get picked up by mainstream media outlets that could blow this up into a bigger story.

2 Likes

Because it’s none of anyone else’s business. News flash - you are not entitled to private information.

1 Like

Line of the week. That anyone is upset about this just goes to prove that the internet is always looking for something to be outraged about no matter how fn ridiculous.

1 Like

It might also be against the law in some cases for them to make the information public. I know employers who are asked for recommendations during a job search by a former employee are not allowed to badmouth the employee and I believe that includes reason for termination. Making this public might impact that persons career so keeping the name under wraps is absolutely the right call

4 Likes

Isn’t a garbage bag just a bag at the end of the day? Unless they actually put garbage in the bag along with a wrestler’s belongings, this shouldn’t have been a story. Someone getting fired over it is pretty ridiculous.

1 Like

I feel I’m getting more irrationally annoyed at this thinking about it more. So, apparently Fred Rosser was saying Carano was harassing him after he was released and he seems like an asshole. Fine, probably should have been fired long ago.

My issue is, it’s a bunch of rich people who are so used to first class treatment being treated like everyone else and making a fuss over it. I also believe Carano likely didn’t do this but someone under him did and was probably told to. It was easier for them to use trash bags so they did it. It also goes to the whole wrestler mentality of feeling disrespected. Oh, you ate over someone’s bag and didn’t realize it? You looked at someone the wrong way? You got upset when someone shit in your bag? Why, you’re just being disrespectful.

It’s worse that I do this all the time at work and this happens all the time but we’re lowly peons. Some people make too much money. Anyway, apologies for going off haha. Fucking wrestlers want their stuff sent back in gold plated, diamond encrusted treasure chests apparently.

3 Likes

I agree with you but how do you explain some fans also getting upset over this and thinking it was massive disrespect (including some on here)? Just people seeing an opportunity to bash WWE (which I think is the case) or people who are also up their own backside?

1 Like

Never said that, but this company does a ton of other more objectively shitty and disrespectful things to their employees and “independent contractors” that don’t get near this amount of attention.

1 Like

Maybe they don’t know or assume the worst of WWE, which is somewhat understandable considering Carano seems like a pretty awful person. It seems after they brought back Johnny Ace, they just wanted any excuse to dump the guy. To people who are outraged, it could be fans being upset because their favourite is upset but also many may not know that’s pretty common and was probably done for ease of carrying them around. The tape with Mickie’s name on it is a dead giveaway and I’m assuming there were 10 separate bags so imagine having to put the stuff in something else, all the time that would take and I’m assuming the person doing it isn’t being paid that much.

WWE also has been a petty company in the past and will be in the future, I just think Mickie and others jumped the gun. Again it goes to the insecurity of wrestlers. Jillian Hall said she thought it was just her so there seems to be this idea with the wrestlers that there’s more to it then just, intern wanted to make their life easier.

2 Likes

They’re a publicly traded company so none of this information has to be private.

1 Like

All of this isn’t necessarily about garbage bags, it’s more so about the culture at the very top of WWE. Vince is a frat boy bully and my understanding is he had encouraged and apparently still encourages that type of behaviour.

Remember, this is the same guy who thinks the height of comedy is pushing an unsuspecting person into a swimming pool. He is a damaged person and those below him want to do nothing more than make him chuckle.

Sending a talents belongings to them in a trash bag is one thing but the disrespect, done to make Vince laugh, has been going on for a long time.

1 Like

And everything I mentioned above is fine if WWE wants to be a simple wrasslin company but they have partnerships with FOX and Peacock now.

They run campaigns about anti bullying and empowering women. So they can’t have it both ways. Massive publicly traded companies don’t treat their employees like that and if they do there is backlash. (And not wrestlemania backlash)

2 Likes

Putting someone’s belongings in a bag for them and then giving them that bag isn’t bullying. Neither does it contradict “empowering women”.

People’s desperation to criticise WWE over everything really does make them behave in such a dramatic way.

2 Likes

Even taking the Bix part of this out of the equation - so it’s like every other company with a HR dept that has ever existed?

The laundry list of things that usually follow any sort of negative WWE story is typically the giveaway, but it’s a little more obvious in this instance where people are making grand analyses on extremely flimsy connection points to McMahon when there’s almost a zero percent chance he’s had anything to do with this particular action.

There’s little things trickling in from different directions, so I think we’ll eventually get a better idea of what happened here, but surface level, I’m still in the space that I think there could have been more care taken here, but that this has been blown up to an insane level (on multiple sides) to an action that I think a good amount of people outside of the wrestling industry would probably think is somewhat expected.

1 Like

That has jack shit to do with anything. They are under no obligation to disclose the names of employees fired unless they are in a role the regulator deems material.

Okay. We have a new contender for line of the week. :clap:t2:

Shareholders have the right to look at the books or minutes of any meeting. If enough of them want it out there it can happen. If WWE was smart they would have named the people responsible. It could get even more ugly by going this route. The reason why they won’t name the person is because someone higher up cough Vince cough was probably involved

We need to know exactly who was involved so we can form an angry mob and feel better about ourselves!!! WE HAVE GREAT MORALS!!!

1 Like
  • To the “it can get more ugly” part - we just saw them weather the Third Party issue which was an actual real mess and the stamina of uproar lasted maybe 2 weeks and just gets brought up as a trivia note at this point.

• To the assumption of someone higher involved - As a person who is generally a believer in Occam’s Razor, I have to believe this is probably more of a “someone just did this on the fly” or “this is just what they have sometimes done over time without direction” thing and they took it upon themselves to say the person who oversees these kinds of things has been dealt with…because technically he had been.

1 Like