Trish Stratus set for SummerSlam match in Toronto

Originally published at https://www.postwrestling.com/2019/07/24/trish-stratus-set-for-summerslam-match-in-toronto/

On Tuesday’s episode of SmackDown Live, Charlotte Flair hinted she would have a match at SummerSlam to prove she is the greatest of all-time and called herself the ‘Queen of All Eras’.

We can confirm through multiple sources that Charlotte Flair is scheduled to face Trish Stratus at SummerSlam on Sunday, August 11th in Toronto.

Ryan Satin at Pro Wrestling Sheet was the first to report that the two sides were in talks and POST Wrestling can confirm that the match is happening.

Stratus will return to the ring in her hometown of Toronto and have her first match since last October. Stratus teamed with Lita against Mickie James & Alicia Fox at the Evolution event and wrestled the next night on Raw in a ten-woman tag.

It will be the first time that Stratus and Flair have ever wrestled together and takes place at the arena where Stratus had her 2006 send-off match against Lita at the Unforgiven pay-per-view.

Stratus retired after that match as WWE women’s champion, a title she held seven times during his career. She was inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame in 2013 and has wrestled occasionally, including the first women’s Royal Rumble match in January 2018.

WWE has not officially announced the match.

Below is the updated card for SummerSlam on August 11th in Toronto:
*Brock Lesnar vs. Seth Rollins for the Universal title
*Kofi Kingston vs. Randy Orton for the WWE title
*Becky Lynch vs. Natalya for the Raw women’s title
*Bayley vs. Ember Moon for the SmackDown women’s title
*Kevin Owens vs. Shane McMahon
*Bray Wyatt vs. Finn Balor
*Charlotte Flair vs. Trish Stratus

I think it looks like its shaping up to be a pretty good card.

The only downside is that it will also probably be a wrestlemania sized card since it already has 7 matches and none of the 7 secondary titles have a match yet. So it could easily be a 14 match card.

Hopefully some of the secondary titles get left off. Or there is a big ladder match with multiple champions in it to just get them on the show.

Obviously Trish’s inclusion is the CRTC demanding Canadian content.

1 Like

Alexa just asked Dolph Ziggler if she could say “It should have been me”.

1 Like

Then we need a new theme song by Our Lady Peace, or Finger 11. Anyone remember I Mother Earth?

2 Likes

Gord Downie would’ve crushed a WWE theme.

Maybe Charlotte can carry Trish to her first good match (outside of Bra & Panties matches).

You need to bring that to the unpopular opinions thread.

1 Like

I didn’t know that stating Trish wasn’t a very good wrestler was an unpopular opinion… seems like a very obvious observation.

I do not agree with you there. She’s not the best ever but I would put her slightly above average. I was very impressed by her two last matches.

You really think it’s a good card?

Personally I think it’s horrible

We already saw Seth vs Lesnar and Seth conquered the beast. Same storyline again?

Natalya sucks and is just a kid carder they bumped up because it’s in Canada

Kofi vs Orton seems uninspiring

Who cares about Shane vs Owens?

Granted some matches are decent (Bayley/ember, Finn/Bray and Charlotte/Trish) but on the whole it’s sad. Still no clear angle for lots of guys like Roman and Drew and no UT

I mean Seth cheated the Beast, so a real match could be ok.

The women’s matches are so-so, Trish v Charlotte is probably the best of the 3.

Kofi v Orton could be good if done right.

If Owens beats Shane I’m ok with it especially if it means Shane is on TV less afterward.