TRMPS #1: The Scorpion King (2002) w/ Brian Mann

Originally published at https://www.postwrestling.com/2019/01/18/trmps-1-the-scorpion-king-2002-w-brian-mann/

CLICK TO DOWNLOAD

Welcome to the debut edition of The Rocky Maivia Picture Show!

Nate Milton realizes that he can’t “Stand Alone” on his first episode, so he invites Brian Mann (Complex, “Keep It 2000”) into the theater to review Dwayne Johnson’s first major foray into the movie business, 2002’s The Scorpion King.

The guys discuss DJ’s strengths and weaknesses as a leading man, reveal Vince McMahon’s role in The Rock’s early films, and finally settle the age-old “camel vs. horse” debate!

Plus, your feedback from the POST Wrestling Forum.

The Rocky Maivia Picture Show is a monthly movie review podcast that drops every 3rd Saturday on POST Wrestling!

Trailer:

Subscribe to POST Wrestling:
iTunes & iOS | Android | Spotify | Google Play | Stitcher | TuneIn | Mac & PC | RSS

Discuss this show at the POST Wrestling Forum
https://forum.postwrestling.com

Follow us
Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | YouTube

3 Likes

Just by using Queen’s We Will Rock You… I’ll have to give the podcast a 5* star review, well done!
But, joking aside the podcast was great and it was awesome having you and Brian Mann back again. I can’t wait to hear the next episode.
Keep it up!

1 Like

I can’t hear Kelly Hu know without it being said in the call of the No Limit Soldiers!

1 Like

Brian and Nate are very good together. Hope the upcoming guests are as good.

Great show guys.

1 Like

Great job guys! I loved the show!

1 Like

Glad to hear Nate and Brian again. Love the combo. Can’t wait to hear some of the shows to come.

1 Like

Lol! That was all the handiwork of @TheBrayD. I can take credit for a lot of things on the show, but the artwork & the theme are all due to my buddy Austin & of course Brother Braden. It’s good to have talented friends that are willing to lend a helping hand!

Thanks for all the kinds words about episode #1, guys. There are some small changes I’ll probably make to the show between now & next month, but I think this is going to be a project that’s fun & interesting for me, my guests, & the POST-Marks alike! :100:

:sunglasses:

1 Like

Great show! Loved it! Hopefully it continues! Cant wait until you and John get to the award winning Tooth Fairy!

1 Like

Can you do a future episode with Braxton as your cohost?

1 Like

Great debut! Always good to have the Keep it 2000 crew in my headphones. One question though, will you be reviewing the movies in chronological order; or at random?

1 Like

In chronological order. So next month we’ll be reviewing “The Rundown”. :100:

2 Likes

Is this monthly then? I will find time to rewatch the movies before I listen to each podcast.

Yes. Going forward, the show will drop on the 3rd Saturday of each month…So plenty of time to catch up on your DJ films! :100:

@PodFatherSOH Great first episode Nate, really enjoyed it.

Question - Will there be any room for specials? So like, say before Fast 5, might you spend an episode running down the previous four Fast and Furious movies? Or do a season of Ballers? Stuff like that…

But is the camel smarter then the horse?

1 Like

It appears so, :wink:

1 Like

We’ll have special episodes here & there. Probably not until we get through “Phase 1” of Rock’s film career, though. :100: