TRMPS #3: Walking Tall (2004) w/ Garrett Martin & Kris Ealy

Originally published at https://www.postwrestling.com/2019/03/16/trmps-3-walking-tall-2004-w-garrett-martin-kris-ealy/

CLICK TO DOWNLOAD

On this edition of The Rocky Maivia Picture Show, Nate Milton welcomes Paste Magazine Editor Garrett Martin & Political Science Professor Kris Ealy (“The Twenny Twin-Twin”/”NWA: Nubian Wrestling Advocates”) into the theater to review 2004’s Walking Tall!

The guys watched Dwayne Johnson’s first foray into the world of remakes and came away with LOTS of questions: Is the 2004 movie better than the 1973 original? Is Johnny Knoxville an upgrade over Seann William Scott? Is The Rock the babyface or the heel in this film? What exactly are the qualifications one needs to become Sheriff of Kitsap County, WA? And perhaps the most important question of them all… Does this movie truly “walk tall” or simply fall short?

Plus, YOUR feedback from the POST Wrestling Forum.

The Rocky Maivia Picture Show is a monthly movie review podcast that drops every 3rd Saturday on POST Wrestling!

Trailer:

Subscribe to POST Wrestling:
iTunes & iOS | Android | Spotify | Google Play | Stitcher | TuneIn | Mac & PC | RSS

Discuss this show at the POST Wrestling Forum
https://forum.postwrestling.com

Follow us
Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | YouTube

1 Like

Is the sequel to walking tall about a woman who left this town prior to the events of the original, and is returning to live her dream of a job in the shower tower, only to find that the rock has shut it down and everyone has to work on his mill so challenges his sherrifdom and changes it back?

1 Like

What a walk down memory lane! Hate to think how old that movie is now. You guys were talking about the idea of a movie where the good guys come in, clean up the town then you see them become the bad guys and mentioned the blaxploitationesque tone of Walking Tall - have you seen the movie “Bucktown” with Fred Williamson and Pam Grier? It’s basically that and is probably one of the best movies of it’s type (next to the madness that is the human tornado of course!). Thanks again, looking forward to the next one :slight_smile: .

1 Like

you know @PodFatherSOH, I was deciding between a Jabroni Joint and Rock Bottom, and I ultimately went with the former, not because it was even good enough to be worthy of a Jabroni Joint, but because I know there is worse to come. I suggest a 6th rating category, which will qualify as a 0/5, that you can simply call “Doom”.

:joy: great show as always, can’t wait for Be Cool.

1 Like

Great podcast guys! I was chuckling like crazy in my car throughout. Very entertaining!