Two members of Retribution moved to Friday Night SmackDown roster

Originally published at Two members of Retribution moved to Friday Night SmackDown roster

After last week’s angle involving T-Bar and Mace attacking Drew McIntyre, it appears the Retribution group members will be split up on Raw and Friday Night SmackDown.

Mike Johnson at PWinsider.com reported on Monday that Reckoning (formerly Mia Yim) has been moved to the Friday Night SmackDown roster.

POST Wrestling was able to confirm this news along with Slapjack (previously Shane Thorne) moving to SmackDown on the official roster.

In both cases, it is unknown if either will be retaining their characters of Reckoning and Slapjack, or given different personas.

Yim (real name Stephanie Bell), signed with WWE in 2018 and performed on the NXT roster until last September when she was part of the Retribution stable alongside T-Bar, Mace, Slapjack with Mercedes Martinez initially part of the group before returning to NXT. Later, Mustafa Ali was added as its leader.

Thorne (Shane Veryzer) joined WWE in 2016 alongside long-time tag partner Mikey Nicholls and re-named TM-61 and later went as The Mighty in NXT. Nicholls left WWE in late 2018.

Huge, game changing move. I definitely see Roman vs Slapjack at WM 38.

2 Likes

Thank god this group is done with, I just hope they don’t try to keep the characters as is. I guess we’ll find out tonight when we see if they take off the masks.

I’m a fan of Shane Thorne and he had a pretty fun style once he went solo in NXT. I can’t imagine they’re really going to get behind him on the main roster (though it seems like plenty who don’t get big runs in NXT fair well somehow), but they’ve got a natural fit for a team with him and Brendan Vink that they’ve already tried out on Raw and I think everyone can agree both rosters need teams to spice up divisions, so I hope they go in that direction.

1 Like

Does this mean that Keith Lee is moving to Smackdown?

This answer made my day

One month before JJ is on camera calling him Slapnuts

Wow Slapjack and Reckoning return to the scene of the crime where they cut the ropes down with a chainsaw. Compelling stuff