Tye Dillinger announces he has requested his WWE release

Originally published at https://www.postwrestling.com/2019/02/20/tye-dillinger-announces-he-has-requested-his-wwe-release/

On Tuesday night, Tye Dillinger posted on his social media that he had requested his released from the WWE.

It is unknown if he has been granted his release, but below is his statement:

Before rumors begin to spread, let me set things straight ahead of time:

This evening, I requested my release from WWE. In the past 5 and a half years with them, I have seen and done some wonderful things. Things that I am very proud of and will never forget. I have met and have worked with unquestionably, some of the greatest talent on this earth and the pleasure has been all mine.

I feel at this time this decision, as extremely difficult as it was, is what is best for myself and WWE. I wish to continue to grow as a performer and offer those paying hard earned money to watch a show I’m performing on, a little more of myself.

To the male and female locker rooms, coaches and producers, to the production/ring crew, all the way up to the very top of WWE and most of all the fans…I wish you all the very best and thank you from the bottom of my heart for everything.

The new grift, ask for a release get a TV push

1 Like

The old grift, it’s just been a while since your average WWE talent felt like they could leave and still have the potential to maintain a certain level of both financial security and exposure.

1 Like

Ronald William Arneill aka Tye Dillinger wrestled in OVW as Shawn Spears where he was tag champs with Cody Runnels

1 Like

CodyRhodesEarCup.gif

1 Like

Let’s face it, the guy was always missing something to make it in the major league. His first run wasn’t memorable and got release because of it and his current run wasn’t better. While he was popular in NXT, he was treated as a job guy and then he got called up on the main roster because the 10 chant was over but never was able to get pass this and his push disappeared as quickly as the 10 chant did.

The guy was never really going to be a big star and i don’t see him getting big on the indy scene either.

I fundamentally disagree with virtually everything you decided about that post lol
There is no Major League in a fake sport.
You recognized that he got the 10 chant over. That’s reason enough. He’s also a super skilled wrestler and nice human being.

3 Likes

Might be a good gimmick if he went to MLW as a heel and said they arent really “major league”, he’s been in the real major leagues. He can call himself “Major League” Shawn Spears.

This is what happens when you try to sign everyone under the sun. See WCW 1998