UEFA EURO 2020 Live Discussion Thread

Don’t know if anyone on this forum would be interested in a football/soccer thread, but it’s personally my favorite tournament because it involves the major European powerhouses.

Leave some thoughts!

If you need an official pundit preview:

1 Like

I’m absolutely buzzing for the euros. Never seen Scotland at a major competition since I was a child. A Germany Belgium final I think.

I’m French and we all know who will win in the end. Sorry about the spoiler.

I can’t wait. That group with France, Germany and Portugal is gonna be deadly.

Can’t wait. I’m cheering my Italian Pisans today.:it:

I have goosebumps right now.

Andrea Bocelli with the mic drop performance was a great start. France look ominous but Gareth Bale going to do it. Wales final - you heard it here first

2 Likes

The diving in this match has been unreal.

1 Like

Djokovic and Nadal stole the show for me today. Classic match that kept me from tuning out. I don’t care for Italy or Turkey anyway.

2 Likes

There’s real concern for Christian Eriksen in the Finland-Denmark game.

The game has been stopped while he receives treatment on the field. This is terrifying.

That was horrible, so upsetting to see, I think the tournament will be suspended for a bit.

Also, f*** the camera people and producer who put that on tv whilst his team-mates tried to shield him. And f*** the same people for cutting to his family member. Disgusting and ghoulish.

:pray:t2:

3 Likes

Wonderful sportsmanship and respect from all parties.

Seeing parmedics doing chest compressions was a scary sight.

Tomorrow and Monday look like great days of action.

Scary cardiac arrest moment but amazing to see they achieved ROSC. A reminder to everyone to learn at least BLS training - it can save a life when you least expect it.

5 Likes

What a game Nederlands and Ukraine is!!!

2 Likes

Best game so far.

1 Like

I was on my feet the entire game. That was crazy!

Goodness me, these sideline refs. Why do they always call offside so late especially when the ball reaches the goal?

That’s the new rule. Let the game progress and apply your decision after.

It’s fair to say that England are the Toronto Maple Leafs of international football. In other words: They suck. Can’t even beat Scotland.

2 Likes

Lucky to draw with Scotland mate. All hype every time. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

This is years of North American pro league indoctrination talking, but holy moly have I been impressed by how (relatively) smooth the VAR process has been this tournament.

ducks shower of flares and bottles

2 Likes