UFC 232 Report: Jon Jones stops Alexander Gustafsson, Amanda Nunes defeats Cyborg

Condit hasn’t been the same since Lawler fight. He looked good to me til the end.

2 Likes

I don’t think he’s looked bad in his last 3 fights, he just is losing fights I think he would of won before the Lawler fight, which I agree, changed both men.

Condit has just been in bad match ups. Maia and Chisea are the worst stylistically. Cowboy he was doing well and then it went sideways.

Magny too. I just can’t see him losing to any of those guys except maia a few years ago, but perhaps nostalgia colours my glasses here. Love some NBK

Nunes is a freaking beast.

1 Like

WOOWWW! Unbelievable Amanda!

1 Like

Holy. Shit. The double champ does whatever the the fuck she wants!

2 Likes

She deserves it she gets hardly any push from the UFC. She retired Tate and Rousey and now made cyborg look dumb.

1 Like

Amanda Nunes is my fighter of the decade. Tate. Rousey. Holm. Cyborg. this was the decade women’s mma became a thing and there’s nobody left for Nunes to beat. She’s beat all the greats

If Amanda Nunes is your fighter of the decade… maybe wanna replace that Z with an S.

Also…all that hullabaloo over Jones and USADA and yall still supporting this shit? Yall just as bad as the people who watched that Saudi Arabia show after being offended about it

1 Like

I prefer to think I’m supporting them local watering hole that shows the fight. And they have good Nachos

1 Like

@Deezy in your world taking steroids == murdering journalists…ok

2 Likes

Yay!!! PEDs won tonight!

@Deezy There is certainly a conversation that can be had about supporting businesses and/or sports with questionable ethics. I watched the NCAA Football playoff games tonight and there is no more corrupt organization than the NCAA. The focus of Post is usually on pro-wrestling which is an industry literally littered with dead bodies in its past. At the end of the day these organizations are too big to fail and it’s only by the media and fans repeatedly bringing up their mistakes and hypocritical actions that there could ever be any change.

But I don’t think this thread in particular is the place.

Back on topic…Damnit, Jones won again. What’s the over/under on how long until a positive test comes back and overturns the fight? <1 month? I was hopeful he would lose and end this awful streak of fights and failed tests.

1 Like

Well I didn’t have it in me to watch the main event. After looking at the result, I can’t wait for the “Cheater or not, he’s the GOAT” talk to start again. Great look for the sport. Oh well, plenty of fights to get excited for in the new year.

1 Like

I am not a DC fan but props to him for what he tweeted about Jones after the win. Let’s say DC has a Fox/WWE offer on the table for the Fall. He’s going to make how much fighting Jones?
Why not just stay at heavyweight, fight Lesner and go out on top, and then retire as he said and go make as much from Fox/WWE as he would have from the Jones fight. And it spares him from being a hypocrite and trashing Jones only to go and make a huge pay day with him.

You could argue that it’s hypocritical for DC to be fighting Brock Lesnar, while trashing Jon Jones legitimacy in terms of being a steroid user in the first place.

In terms of why would he fight Jon Jones again? He hates him. He lost to him. And he wants to knock him out, simple as that. When we’re emotional we’re not always logical.

2 Likes

I didn’t know a wrestler who headlined that show, murdered a journalist…or the company was the one who covered it up. :roll_eyes:

I suppose I drew an incorrect distinction between the guy who got busted cheating and the guy who got busted cheating and has personally effed over DC multiple times.

Never underestimate the hate those two men have for eachother lol

1 Like