Updated card for NXT Takeover in New Orleans

Originally published at https://www.postwrestling.com/2018/03/28/updated-card-for-nxt-takeover-in-new-orleans/

On Wednesday’s episode of NXT, it was announced at the start of the show that Tommaso Ciampa will take on Johnny Gargano in an “Unsanctioned Match” at Takeover on Saturday, April 7th at the Smoothie King Center in New Orleans, Louisiana.

The stipulation is that if Gargano wins, he will get his job back and if Ciampa wins, Gargano is banished forever. It is a similar stipulation to the tag match added to WrestleMania with Daniel Bryan and Shane McMahon vs. Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn.

This week’s episode also featured the announcement of the addition of the North American championship, which will be decided in a ladder match at Takeover. The participants announced for the ladder match are EC3, Adam Cole, Velveteen Dream, Lars Sullivan, Killian Dane, and Ricochet, who was the final entrant announced at the end of the episode.

Here is the updated card for NXT Takeover:
*Andrade Cien Almas vs. Aleister Black for the NXT title
*Ember Moon vs. Shayna Baszler for the NXT women’s title
*Tommaso Ciampa vs. Johnny Gargano in an Unsanctioned Match
*EC3 vs. Adam Cole vs. Velveteen Dream vs. Lars Sullivan vs. Killian Dane vs. Ricochet
*The Undisputed Era vs. The Authors of Pain vs. Pete Dunne and Roderick Strong for the NXT tag titles

1 Like

Undisputed ERA vs. Winners of the Dusty Rhodes Classic ?

1 Like

Weird, wwe dot com has Undisputed ERA vs. just the winners of Dusty Rhodes Classic
but Wikipedia has triple threat for BOTH the belts and Dusty trophy ?!?

(we better get Cathy Kelley to knock on Regal’s door once more to clear this crap up)

1 Like

way to many multi man/team matches. What happened to 1 Vs 1? I mean in all of WWE and NXt combined.

Three of the five matches on this card are one-on-one.

STACKED lineup. Looking forward to it!

1 Like

There are no winners yet… The two finalists are facing the “Champs”. Kinda spoils that we’ll get new Champs so they would get the trophy AND tge titles. I vote Roddy and Dunne here. AOP should get called up.

1 Like

It was supposed to be undisputed era vs winners but the injury in undisputed era caused tge change. wwe.com is probably kayfabing cuz it hasn’t been announced on TV yet. I don’t think.

1 Like

I agree completely. Wrestlemania and Sakura Genesis have way too many tag and multi matches. This card is fantastic!

What a cluster-F !

So Dunne and Strong, who weren’t even in the tourney until Bate got injured, could win the trophy and matching belts to boot which would make 2 of the 3 winners of the Dusty Classic not even real tag teams or AOP could win for the 2nd time in a row (nearly a year and a half apart) which no team should do in developmental or the current champions, which now include one guy who wasn’t part of the duo that won the belts (although could be excused under the New Day Rule) could end up defending and somehow winning the Dusty Classic without even being in the tournament.

Makes sense.

How can Regal put these guys in a match then call it UNSANCTIONED. Sounds like me he did sanction it.

1 Like

Looking forward to that ladder match

1 Like

Two words: It’s Wrestling!

The Gargano/Ciampa match is ‘unsanctioned’ by the Louisiana Commission. Therefore, the winner will be the first guy to both draw blood AND hit a piledriver.

2 Likes

I know you wanted to make a joke but given WWE & ROH are exempted from the Louisiana Commission rules…