Updated - Vince McMahon paid 12M in hush money - all around scum bag.

WSJ article:

The board’s investigation, which began in April, has unearthed other, older nondisclosure agreements involving claims by former female WWE employees of misconduct by Mr. McMahon and one of his top executives, John Laurinaitis, the head of talent relations at WWE, the people said. The Journal couldn’t determine how many previous agreements were being scrutinized.

Wow. The affairs themselves obviously aren’t surprising to anyone who’s been paying attention, but what’s fascinating is what this says about the makeup and aims of the board of directors. The fact that there’s a group within the company who clearly feel comfortable making this big of a move against Vince (or that it’s in the company’s larger interests to do so) is, frankly, gob-smacking news.

2 Likes

This is the beginning of the end of Vince in WWE?
The last McMahon standing.
A sale of the company is definitely the goal right now. Vince cashes out amid this controversy?

Board members learned of the $3 million agreement in a series of anonymous emails they received from someone who said the former WWE paralegal was a friend.

The first email, sent to board members on March 30, alleged that Mr. McMahon, 76 years old, initially hired the woman at a salary of $100,000 but increased it to $200,000 after beginning a sexual relationship with her. The email to the board also alleged that Mr. McMahon “gave her like a toy” to Mr. Laurinaitis. The board is investigating the allegations in the email, the people familiar with the inquiry said.

“My friend was so scared so she quit after Vince McMahon and lawyer Jerry paid her millions of dollars to shut up,” the initial email to the board said, referring to Mr. McMahon’s longtime lawyer, Mr. McDevitt, who negotiated the deal, according to people familiar with the board inquiry.

Timing wise… Stephanie was aware of this, being on the board. She got out of there before heads were about to roll.

2 Likes

So this is how the start of the end of Vince in wresting.

1 Like

It’s over. Legacy tarnished. Massive story.

I mean, ever since Nick Khan came on board, there was a very clear path the company was going down.
This just speeds things up.

Vince has a million skeletons in his closet… and this is the one to break the camels back.

This could be one of the beginning of the biggest stories in WWE history.
Or, somehow, Vince continues to be Teflon.

Nick really had the plan all set when he joined. Kinda surprised it happening this soon, thought it would take a few more years or so.

1 Like

I think this amounts to people within the company wanting one thing for it’s direction.
Vince wasn’t / won’t walk away? Does this force a move?

So since Vince may have used company money instead of his own money there’s a good chance for the board to kick him out, right?

I think the company is sold ASAP

I wonder what the reactions will be from FOX, NBCUniversal and A&E.

2 Likes
2 Likes

The only way this goes is for Vince and WWE go separate ways.
The company is too big to slow down for this, and as a result, he’ll be on the outs.

Except Stephanie and Triple H are still on the board that will supposedly be investigating him.

This is very very bad PR. But I wouldn’t be surprised if he survives. Hell Trump did shit like this and got elected president.

1 Like

Why is it always non-wrestling media that break the biggest stories? :thinking:

2 Likes

I’m absolutely blown away Vince and the WWE made it all the way to 2022 before a story like this came out.

I figured me too would expose some real dirt.

1 Like