upNXT 2/7/19: BugenHäagen-Dazs

Originally published at https://www.postwrestling.com/2019/02/07/upnxt-2-7-19-bugenhaagen-dazs/

CLICK TO DOWNLOAD

Braden Herrington & Davie Portman review this week’s edition of WWE NXT including Drew Gulak vs. Matt Riddle, Sky Pirates & Bianca Belair vs. Baszler, Duke & Shafir, and the debut of a very… interesting jobber.

Plus! Braden chats about attending Joji in Toronto, Davie discusses his upcoming trip to England next week, the lads discuss booking their WrestleMania weekend plans, this week’s 205 Live, NXT UK, your feedback… and more!

Listen to upNXT every Thursday:
iTunes & iOS | Android | Spotify | Google Play | Stitcher | TuneIn | Mac & PC | RSS

Discuss this show at the POST Wrestling Forum
https://forum.postwrestling.com

Follow POST Wrestling
Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | YouTube

I don’t know if cutest moment of 2019 could be a category for the end of year awards but Kayla doing air guitar with Bugenhagen was very cute.

Ofcourse a goofy gimmick that won’t work anywhere else got over in Full Sail.

That garbage character jumped the shark 3rd time he air guitared and screamed.

He’ll be dying on the main roster within a year.

No Way-gen Bugenhagen?

At the end, my take away of this episode was more Drew Gulak than Bugenhagen.

1 Like

Gulak and Riddle put on a clinic and the biggest story was this character is whats wrong with todays pro wrestling.

I enjoyed Bugenhagen, as small as his shelf life may be. He’s like a white Big E. Only his first match, so I don’t know if he’ll find Big E’s level of success, or go the way of Mojo, Jose, or Adam Rose, but as of now I’m enjoying him more than all three of those acts. He didn’t detract from the appeal of the Riddle-Gulak match for me, and I read that at the taping, he was allowed to come back out for an encore of his entrance.

Very cool to see Gulak and Riddle on this episode. I had watched their time together in EVOLVE and had actually forgot about it until Riddle started talking to him.

Glad the announce team got across the inner conflict of Bianca Belair not getting the pin in that main event tag. Given the blind tag from Io Shirai, I can see how she’d be justified for that.