upNXT 4/8/20: FakeOver Tampa

Originally published at https://www.postwrestling.com/2020/04/09/upnxt-4-8-20-fakeover-tampa/

CLICK TO DOWNLOAD

Braden Herrington and Davie Portman review the April 8th WWE NXT featuring two matches from what would have been TakeOver: Tampa.

The lads run down this empty arena edition of NXT featuring Tommaso Ciampa vs. Johnny Gargano in their final encounter (aka The Final Beat), and Io Shirai vs. Tegan Nox vs. Chelsea Green vs. Mia Yim vs. Candice LeRae vs. Dakota Kai in a Ladder Match to determine the Number 1 Contender for the NXT Women’s Championship, plus a man with a “million dollar” arm… and more!

The lads also discuss their thoughts on this year’s WrestleMania including the Boneyard Match & Firefly Funhouse, Davie’s thoughts on “The Big Show, Show”, Dana White and his mystery island, the NXT cruiserweight “interim” champion, whether Joe Exotic should be let out of prison, why Jim Johnston is better than Jim Morrison, plus… your feedback.

You can also check out a video version of the podcast on YouTube by going to YouTube.com/upNXT

Braden and Davie also review AEW Dynamite each week on the upNXT Patreon as well as tons of other podcasts! Subscribe at www.patreon.com/upnxt

Photo Courtesy: WWE

Follow upNXT: Twitter | YouTube | Patreon

upNXT Theme by: Warren-D, PXCH and Shaheen Abdi

Listen to upNXT every Thursday: Apple Podcasts | Android | Spotify | Google Play | Stitcher | TuneIn | Mac & PC | RSS

upNXT T-Shirts: https://www.prowrestlingtees.com/upnxt

Discuss: https://forum.postwrestling.com

Follow POST Wrestling: Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | YouTube

So I heard Davie that the “Big Show Show” was awful and I thought “come on Davie, it’s a sitcom”. I love sitcoms, I’m easy to please with sitcoms as long as it’s not nickelodeon type of stuff.

This one, I was fed up after 5mn. Going back to watching That 70’s show.

I almost convinced my wife to watch last night but even I saw the quick preview and thought it looked dumb lol

It’s very painful. I love the Big Show but he’s not good enough of an actor to do this. The scene with his youngest daughter ditching school hiding in the car and he doesn’t care. That did it for me.

It may be funny for children under 10 ?

Likely/Unlikely: Ciampa and Gargano have another match (or significant physical encounter, i.e. a Royal Rumble faceoff) by the end of WrestleMania 37 weekend?

• Likely
  • Unlikely

0 voters

They shouldn’t but they probably will. I can’t believe NXT had a 48 minute match on TV. What a fucking disaster. Just end this overrated feud NOW

I think the feud was great. The problem is that due to call ups and injury it never had its proper conclusion. They never should have had the Ciampa congratulating Gargano after he won the title if they were going to continue the feud at least this soon. If they wanted to go back to it it needed to be a much slower burn. That said I agree the match was way too long for what it was.

It was a bad sequel of a great feud.

I just remembered that I posted this poll. Less than five months (April 8 to September 1) for Gargano and Ciampa to fight again.

I’m not sure if it counts but both guys were in that Ironman four way match