upNXT/BDE Movie Review: Halloween (1978) Feedback Thread

Ello, ello, ello! Davie Portman here. Braden and I are starting something new and we will be reviewing the original Halloween from 1978. Please leave all your feedback here. This could be your memories from the first time you saw the movie, comments if you have revisted it, whacky fan theories…whatever! We would love to hear from you!!

1 Like

Branavan from Ajax Ontario:
I love this movie, the atmosphere, the music the chara- OK the characters aren’t the most interesting besides Laurie Strode, Dr. Loomis and Micheal Myers but still this movie is the bomb.com! My favorite aspect of the movie is how Myers is somehow human and not human at the same time, it’s such a shame they would ruin that mystique with incesty cult BULLSHIT (He inpregnated his niece in a flashback in the Producer’s Cut of Part 6)*, and more sequels after 2 but whatever. It’s impressive the movie was made on a small budget, so small in fact the mask Micheal Myers wears is a William Shatner mask spray painted white! Halloween along with Texas Chainsaw Massacre led mainstream horror into the 1980’s with more violence, sex and vulgarity as well as a more exploitative edge to it. (Slashers) It is a movie I strongly recommend and I say that as someone who has not seen alot of horror movies. Question: With movies like Freddy vs Jason and Alien vs Predator, what VS movies would you like to see? (They don’t have to be horror related) Thanks and keep up the good work!

*Video explaining what I’m talking about: https://youtu.be/-FS7YwRySfs

Andy from West London:
This movie is a classic. From the amazing music to the jump scenes, it just flows. If you watch it now, it’s clichéd but this movie is the original that most copied. The sequels may be a bit more gore horror but this just builds tension. If you love horror, you must watch this movie.

1 Like

Martin from montreal

I actually saw this movie for the first time a few years ago when it replayed in a small movie theater. The fact that i saw the remake before the original kinda tainted my opinion a little bit because i loved the remake but at the end, it’s still hold up as a really good movie but it’s not a movie that i would rewatch anytime soon as i think the remake did a better job in telling the story then the original.

Fun fact: this movie came out four days after i was born.

1 Like

daniel from brooklyn:

saw this for the first time a few months ago. never been a big horror fan but starting last year i watched all the Jasons, and all the Freddys, so i started working through Halloween. tapped out after 4 or 5.

felt like nothing happened for a long time in this movie. i can see how it set the bar for slasher films to come, and at the time was something special, but seeing it with fresh eyes now, i wasn’t a fan. sorry to break your heart Braden. my pal Liz also lives in Toronto and loves this movie.

still looking forward to the new one though. Judy Greer ftw.

knowing that Danny McBride cowrote the new movie… i want to see Michael Myers VS Kenny Powers.