upNXT FEEDBACK: May 29th 2019

Allo, allo, allo! Davie Portman here requesting all of your feedback for this week’s NXT. Also, join us LIVE after tonight’s episode for a live watch-a-long of NXT Takeover from May 29th 2014. Grab a beer, pull up a chair and chill with your boys from The BDE! https://youtu.be/EeCdcb-9WBQ

Paul from New Jersey

IDK if Belair should have taken her first pin tonight, but at least it was a good match.

I didn’t get the chance to post a Feedback last week, but here are two important observations.

1. I’m so happy to see Tyler Breeze back at NXT, didn’t think he ever got a chance on the main roster and I’m very excited to see him face Dream

2. Here I was thinking I’m the only one who goes around the house singing Johnny Gargano’s theme music. Davie is a man after my own heart.

P.S. I can’t stand Beth Phoenix’s voice. I’m trying I really am.

So some quick comments on the women’s title picture after tonight:

Commentary is playing up the fact that the odds are still stacked incredibly against Io even with Candice in her corner (since Shayna said that Jessamyn and Marina will be in her corner). Do you think we could see a surprise return of Dakota Kai to help even the odds? She tweeted out earlier that she’s making a comeback soon, or at least teased it.

I feel like WWE (and I’m including NXT in this) falls into the habit of playing up the HOW WILL THIS PERSON OVERCOME THE ODDS, just for said person to overcome the odds. And that’s the vibe I’m getting with this Io/Shayna match now.

Also I dunno if you guys saw the Target: NXT Takeover XXV special, but they put a LOT of focus and attention on Io when it came to the women’s segment. Playing up her athleticism and 10+ years of experience in Japan.

I think Nigel and Mauro cover so much ground in their commentary that the third person will always feel unnecessary.

I enjoyed Gulak vs Kushida but the finish was completely anti climactic.

Andrew from Cali,

bummed i missed your guys stream last night i’ll make sure to make it to the next one! Considering Johnny Pollock said Braden was screaming at his place during Double or Nothing, i’m assuming you guys both enjoyed the show! What would be your dream card for a AEW vs. NXT show? Thanks fellas.