US Senate to investigate Saudi incident. How will this affect the Saudi/WWE relationship?

Intrestingly enough the WWE aren’t the only ones taking the Saudi money at the moment, Argentina & Brazil, two of the top footballing nations in the world, are currently playing a match in Saudi Arabia, and I’m sure they are being paid very well for it.

You do know that sharing an opinion, doesnt just mean to give your opinion, right? It can also mean, having the same opinion, which is what I said I dont know.

This really shouldnt need to be explained. Its very basic stuff.

Your arms must be tired from moving that goal post so far.

2 Likes

Hahahahahaha

So good

Don’t cow tail to these flakes Vinny Mac…we lost The Moolah Battle royal.

A few really odd takes in this thread.

I sometimes forget that a normal level of decency is asking a lot of a wrestling fan.

:sob: I’m so hurt

Sure, brah…

Did you guys see the latest statement from Donald Trump, he pretty much defended the Saudi Arabia official by blaming the would situation on the rogue killer. So it’s pretty much a case of see no evil, hear no evil at this point. So with this, I feel like even if Saudi Arabia comes out and admit to the killing, this will be a story that will die down really quickly as media tend to move on quickly from those story.

Trump as predicted as turn a blind eye on the situation and unless something big comes out in the next week, this will just be another dead story by next week and the media will move on to something else.

The best thing to happen to WWE was Trumps response to all this. As with most stories, once Trump weighs in the news will cover his response/analyze his response/move on to the next thing Trump does.
By the time WWE gets there mass media may move on and it’ll be us wrestling fans to either protest the show or get over it.

3 Likes

Trump obviously just wants to see who will win the WWE World Cup and then he’s gonna put his foot down. Something tells me he’s not picking Rey Mysterio to win though.

The US government arm Saudi Arabia in killing and starving thousands of innocent people in Yemen. In what world did people think they’d have an issue with a foreign journalist being murdered?

To be honest, this whole situation just points out how most people didn’t/don’t give a shit about what’s going on in Yemen and see the murder of this journalist as a great opportunity to get on their moral high horse and get social media credit for it because everyone’s talking about this.

Saudi Arabia have a crazy, fascist, totalitarian and ultra conservative government that don’t have to face up to any consequences and do whatever they want because of it. This isn’t anything new. So much so that this murder is in reality a drop in the ocean.

I think it’s unfair to suggest people & companies are somehow complicit in the actions of governments just by working in a country. If it was fair, every company becomes a target whichever country they work in. The difference of course is that this isn’t just a case of them working in a country but a case of them doing it in partnership with the Saudi government so from that point of view I can see why people are questioning WWE here. Will be interesting to see if these people are still around questioning WWE when they do their war propaganda, Tribute To The Troops…

To summarise, no one’s consistent with their morals.

4 Likes

Maybe the reporter should’ve came forward earlier. :thinking:

I think it’s important to look at this in the context of the last Saudi Arabia event. It was not a wrestling event, it was a pure propaganda piece. From the shorts that aired about the crown Prince and his “progressive” reforms, to the fawning over the Crown Prince and Saudi Arabia by WWE personalities during the event, to even the way the crowd was seated during the event. Every single piece of the event was handled precisely in a way to gloss over the awful track record of the Saudis and paint them in the best light possible.

So that beings us to Crown Jewel. I have zero reason to believe this event will not be a propganda pieace like the Greatest Royal Rumble was. That’s where I’m drawing the line. They’re going to use the WWE as a propaganda arm, and the WWE is all to willing to do it for money.

The details of the audio tape of the killing of Jamal Khashoggi have been leaked. Almost immediately upon entering the consulate he was beaten, and tortured. They cut off each one of his fingers, knocked him out with sedative, then beheaded him, and then dismembered his corpse. Now tell me how comferatable you’ll be watching the likes of John Cena, Triple H, and Michael Cole praise the Saudi Crown Prince, and his progressive reforms just as they did last year. If you can stomach that, that’s great. I can’t.

2 Likes

The gave him a sedative, see, they not so bad :roll_eyes:

I think the fact that i’m not going to be watching the show live and i’m recording it will help my enjoyment of the show more because it’s easier to take it as a wrestling event instead of a propaganda piece that way. I’m not one to go out and follow the news instantly mostly because these type of thing happens on a daily bases around the world and not just in saudi arabia but in other country as well but because the journalist work for the washington post which is one of the biggest enemy of the current president, all the others media outlet that are against Trump decided to cover this, not really because it happened in saudi arabia, but because they knew it would hurt Trump with the mid terms coming up. That’s what makes me more uncomfortable is how easy the media can influence the opinions of peoples about current event.

As far as WWE going there, i feel like it’s just like when they went to afghasnistan, iraq or any other muslam country that are known for this type of things or even when New japan went to north korea in the mid 90’s. Even through it’s clearly a propaganda event, i still see it as a wrestling event and choose not to thing about the political aspect of the event, that way, i can enjoy the wrestling without thinking about the political aspect of the thing.

1 Like

But this isn’t like the tribute to the troops stuff

This is something different that I can’t ever remember the WWE doing.

Sorry, people stopped caring…Trump made fun of a woman’s looks.

That always switches the heat. People’s feelings mean more than people’s lives nowadays.

But it’s still propaganda plus you go there to support peoples that were fighting a war that didn’t need to happens and where they were killing hundred if not thousands innocent people. During that time, the u.s we’re torturing innocent peoples and yet nobody was getting upset about all of this.

Also if new Japan would go to North Korea today like they did in the mid 90’s, would fans be as outrage about it like they are about this wwe thing?

1 Like

The difference is the money. Unless I’m mistaken, which is possible, the tribute to the troops wasn’t funded by the US government.

This Saudi Arabia deal seems unique in wwe history