US Senate to investigate Saudi incident. How will this affect the Saudi/WWE relationship?

Average is still lower.

tell me more in a week

2 Likes

Yeh, because it’s 4am everywhere in the world. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Anyway, it seem like the story is pretty much dead now since the media seem more focus on talking about the Stormy daniels story then the saudi arabia story. So by next week, i wouldn’t be surprise if WWE is in the clear with the mainstream media if they aren’t already.

His point is valid. All of the young talent are getting shit on because SA needs to flex their muscles and get the oldies out of retirement.

No its 4 AM where their core audience and where they generate the majority of their income is.

Understand?

I took no issue with that statement.

Not really, they have a worldwide fan base but choose to cater mostly to the American fans.

Every regular Ppv goes from 1am-5am in the U.K. on a Monday morning, so the time of the event is about the only thing I don’t have an issue with.

LOL, that’s not true at all. We’ve had CNN on at work all day and they’ve been spending nearly half of every hour on it. There hasn’t been any huge developments on it today, but that doesn’t mean the story is dead. It’s still a developing story and not close to over.

1 Like

Sorry about that, i don’t have CNN at home so i didn’t know that certain news outlet were still covering the news. You might be able to tell me something then, since the story broke and WWE was partly mention during the Weekend, Did CNN mention WWE since then or is that part of the story pretty much been forgotten and are they focusing more on Trump siding with Saudi arabia?

I got a feeling Trump gets off on seeing the journalist dead. He wants to be a king so bad.

Yup. Trump wants to be the king of the world, and that’s not even a joke.

Maybe more like a Mafia state. He’s jealous that Putin uses the Russian Mafia with impunity. ICE are his secret police, and with the supreme Court in his pocket - he pretty much is a king.

Questioned about consequences for Saudi Arabia if it is found to be involved in his killing, Trump said: “Well it’ll have to be severe, I mean it’s bad, bad stuff. We’ll see what happens. OK?”

Seems ludicrous that WWE still won’t pull out at this point

What if they don’t run those propaganda ads pushing heel Saudi Arabia? It wouldn’t be the first time they stopped pushing someone. While they may not be future endeavored, SA may get the Zack Ryder treatment.

I’ve just read a article about the financial impact the company would take if they move or just plain cancelled the show over this.

In a nutshell, if wwe move the event to another country, they would lose around 2 to 3 millions and if they just cancel the event it’s between 12 to 16 millions that they would lose. So this would be a huge financial hit they would take if they would cancel the show which mean less money for the other division of the company like NXT.

So I doubt that HHH and Vince would do something that would cost them that much money over this. They might try to move it somewhere else which feel like they might be thinking about it since they don’t mention where the event is from, but cancelling it seem out of the question which is the right move for them.

They wouldn’t cancel it outright, they would move it. There’s already rumors that they had a backup location in mind just in case. So like we are looking at the bottom end of that figure that they’d only lose $2-3 million. However even on your high end at $12-16 million it’s chump change to the WWE. Don’t forget they just signed a deal worth more than a billion dollars with Fox. They could cancel the Saudi event and still have the best year ever financially.

1 Like

Yeah but that deal doesn’t come into effect until next year which means that it won’t effect the budget until fall 2019. So when you look at it from that perspective, it’s still a big hit they are taking for this year if they just cancel it.

Plus something that JBL brought up that i actually found really interesting, Why is WWE such a target over it. They’re have been much worst situation then this happening all around the world in other country and The olympics and world cup went to those country anyway close after something worst then that happened yet, nobody took them to task about it and when you look at the broadcast for theses event, they did the same thing WWE is and will be doing for Saudi arabia. So i don’t get why so many Peoples want WWE to cancel the show when they didn’T want other event to cancel theirs.

I get that many fans and peoples around the world are outrage by what happened and they have the right to be. It was a horrible act that shouldn’t have happened but does WWE deserve all the backlash over this when other bigger organization didn’t get a hint of bad press in the past? i think not. I feel like WWE is doing the right think by going anyway, not just because they want to respect a contract but also because they want to prove that they can’t be bullied by the media like they have been lately. If it was any other sporting event that was going to Saudi arabia, the media wouldn’t say a think but because it’s wrestling, it’s free game. So if some fans don’t want to support them because they feel uncorfortable, that’s they’re right but for me, it’s just another company doing a event to make people try to forget the horrible things that happened in this country, just like the olympics or the world cup did prior to this.

The Olympics and World Cup are not propganda events for their host countries. Sure they may run a commercial or have a nice word about the hosts, but they don’t have their commentators and top stars put over those countries as something they are not.

Watch The Greatest Royal Rumble again, it was never a wrestling event, it was pure propaganda. So keeping in mind that Jamal Khashoggi was not only murdered, but beaten, tortured and dismembered, are you comferatable with WWE talent putting over Saudi Arabia and the Crown Prince as something they are not?

Every US company has pulled out of the Davos in the Desert event, as has the US Secretary. Everyone had something to lose, yet the WWE stands completely alone on this now. I firmly believe that if this is a pure propaganda event as was The Greatest Royal Rumble that it will hurt the WWE in the long run. Sure the die hard fans will stick around, with a minimal amount leaving. But come 2019 when they need NEW viewers for Fox, people won’t tune in. This will put a bad taste in their mouths. I could be wrong, but wrestling is a divisive thing anyways and they need all the help they can get. This won’t help.