US Senate to investigate Saudi incident. How will this affect the Saudi/WWE relationship?

I thought the 16 million figure was if the ditched the entire 10 year deal, not just this one show.

People have the memory of a goldfish and they are already “lowbrow” entrainment. It won’t hurt them.

Yeah, that hasn’t rung true at all in media as of late. Just ask Rosseane, Bill Cosby, Louis CK, Kevin Spacey, and Kathy Griffin. This is 2018, people don’t need strong memories, that’s what social media is for.

Nobody really cared that much about the Saudi deal until Saudi was in the news, now that the news has moved on they are in the clear from the MSM. Really just bad timing.

Social Media is what (in a large part) gave us Trump. He even said that without Twitter, he couldn’t reach such a large audience, and never need to elaborate or explain what he actually means. Social Media allows for max confusion and hate mobs to drown out any constructive discussion.

The news hasn’t moved on. They’re still talking about it every hour on the 24/7 networks.

Trump would have won without Twitter. Most of not all of his base does not even use it. Trump won because Hillary was an awful candidate.

Trump won because the political in the u.s doesn’t work. Hilary won the popular vote but because of the way the system works she lost and it’s been like this for the last 18 years. Out of the last 5 elections, only one Republican won the popular vote and That’s bush in his second term.

Gore won in 2000 but lost because of the system
Then after bush Obama won 2 terms and then Hilary won but got screwed by the electoral college just like Gore in 2000.

I feel like because of social media, society as become so politically correct. We can’t do or say anything now without getting the opinion of everybody, which make peoples scared to do anything. While their are some good that came from social media, there a lot of bad that happened as well and society as a whole paid for it.

People would vote differently if the popular vote decided the election. For example, I live in a state where many people that I know don’t vote because the state has gone the same way (usually in a landslide) in the last seven presidential elections. But if we were just counting the popular vote, many of those folks may have felt more compelled to vote. It’s even more drastic on the west coast, where the election may ostensibly be decided before many voters even have a chance to visit the polls.

I’m not saying the electoral college is perfect (I know it’s not), but using the results of the popular vote as data in an election when the popular vote wasn’t the standard is circumstantial evidence at best (and “irrelevant” at worst).

1 Like

It’s definitely a mixed bag but increasing political correctness is a positive.

A lot of people get bent out of shape these days bc it’s not as acceptable to be racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. You can still say whatever you want, but now there’s more of a chance for consequences if you act like a fucking asshole.

Obviously it can go overboard, but that’s happens with all change. Eventually we will learn to balance it out.

1 Like

Alright. You’re entitled to this opinion, and I know that facts/reality don’t matter much in politics. But Hillary had a well thought-out platform and good policy.

Yes of course, policy doesn’t matter when campaigns are all about style over substance, but we need to remember she was probably the best qualified person for the job in a long time, and she would have respected the office of the president.

She got 3 million more votes than Trump. The US is now under minority rule by (what some arguably call) an increasingly fascist regime that plays a zero sum game that only cares about “winning fights” and stoking hate.

Is this small minority with almost total power better than the majority getting their say? The founding fathers thought the electoral college would help against the tyranny, not create it.
I just need to put this out there for the record, because if and when Trump writes the history books none of this will be remembered.

And I’m not just shitting on the States here, the same first-past-the-post BS saw Doug Ford get total control with a minority of the vote, which were mostly against another candidate and not even really for him.

1 Like

She was definitely not a good candidate to beat Trump (for lots of reasons).

I do agree that she was qualified for the job.

Fair enough. I was a Bernie man through and through, but this now is just such a dark timeline.

This may not mean anything, but removing the sale date for tickets for the event is a pretty big deal in my opinion. Although I could see them just forcing everyone to purchase at the arena the day of the show.

My feeling and it’s been that feeling since the start was that WWE is trying to find somewhere else to hold the event but at this short notice, it’s kinda hard to find a place to hold a show like this one. That’s why they stop mentioning saudi arabia for this event and taken anything concerning the country off the website. The event as to take place because they have put so much money and effort in the show already, but Vince and HHH are pretty much trying to go to plan B right now which is finding a new venue to hold the card because knowing them, it would be showing weakness if they would plan out cancel the show and it’s not in either man’s nature to show weakness especially in business.

Either way, HHH (because he the one in charge of the deal) and Vince mcmahon(because he agreed to the deal) made their bed when they sign the contract, now they have to deal with the consequences. They are smart guys and i’m sure that the whole thing will be resolve by the time the event airs in 2 weeks.

Robbie Fox is reporting that Cena and Bryan are “refusing” to work the show. Also reporting that Reigns is hurt. Who knows if this is credible or not.

Reigns didn’t work the weekend shows despite being advertised so tigger could be something to that.

If this is true then i feel like the best option for them would be to move the show somewhere else. In other words try to find a compromise with who ever they made the deal with and try to get out of the obligation for now until this whole thing dies down because they really can’t cancel the show on this short notice unless Trump forbid them to go which seem less and less likely every day.

It will be pretty hard to find a venue for the date at such short notice, they go straight into the European Tour from this show so maybe they could turn one of the house shows into a PPV, or maybe delay it until they are back in the U.S and change one of the shows over there into a PPV.

1 Like