Vickie Guerrero confirms she's departing AEW in July, adds that she'll be on TV 'very soon'

Originally published at https://www.postwrestling.com/2023/03/23/vickie-guerrero-confirms-shes-departing-aew-in-july-adds-that-shell-be-on-tv-very-soon/

Guerrero will be a free agent come summer. 

As AEW was promoting their lineup for the 3/10 edition of Rampage, Vickie Guerrero quote tweeted the post and noted that the company asked her to stay home and she has not been at their events. 

That came after a report from Fightful Select which read that Guerrero is finishing up with AEW and the two sides agreed not to renew her contract when it expires in July. 

Guerrero confirmed she’ll be finished with AEW in July while on the Grue Rume Show. She was promoting her new podcast venture and said come July, she’ll be able to say what’s on her mind because when one is with a company, there are certain guidelines that must be followed. Guerrero added that she will not be insulting the wrestling business on her new podcast, but just providing the insight she has. 

I told Dino (Winwood) before and I’m gonna say this publicly that just because of whatever he’s done in the wrestling industry, because of where I’m at, does not make me any better than he is because he could probably have more insight than I have on wrestling history which in the second or the first episode is true because I went on some social media topic that made me look like a total jerk and a not know it all host and you’ll see where that goes but, I always open my mind to different people and Michael, our producer and his assistant Sandra, they’re a great team and they always have these ideas and so when they thought about collaborating Dino and I, I’m always open to it because I think that the more people the merrier and the more insight that he has and I think kind of being myself and this was a great project for me to start doing, especially after leaving AEW because I’m able to kind of be more of myself. Usually when you’re under a promotion, you have these guidelines and these narrow boundaries that you kind of have to stay in whenever you’re under a promotion so, this is the perfect timing for us to kind of get our subscribers built and then once July comes and I’m off of AEW then I’m able to really say what’s on my mind. 

It’s not about insulting the business or anything. It’s just I have a lot of behind the scenes and how things are run and you know, with the talent too so we kind of feed off each other so I’m really excited about the topics that we’ve created and we’re still building more topics.

For majority of Guerrero’s time with AEW, she’s been paired with Nyla Rose and later on, Marina Shafir was added to the duo. 

Vickie said she’ll miss Nyla and wishes the best for AEW Heels. She stated that creatively, she did not do much over the last three years so it’s time to do her own thing.

Nyla (Rose), I love her to pieces. I love her story, I love everything she represents. We had a good time. She’s a hard worker and I’m gonna miss working with her. AEW Heels, it’s an incredible community, I love what they’ve built and I wish them continued success but, you know, as far as the creative part of AEW, three years, I really didn’t get into much of the character so it’s just time to vámonos and do my own thing.

As Guerrero’s podcast co-host was speaking about a match he’s having in June that stems from Brodie Lee’s son, Negative 1, taking his hat and ‘sending it’ to his opponent(s) for the bout in June, Vickie chimed in and joked that Negative 1 got more TV time than her. Guerrero added that people will see her on TV very soon.

That kid (Negative 1) gets more TV time than I do (Guerrero joked)… For me, I work at HSN. I’m a crafting influencer which I love crafting, I love doing that and I’ll be doing some comic cons and I’ll be employed until July with AEW and then I’ll be able to say I’m unemployed and so, I have some projects in the works but I can’t say anything right now because you’ll see me on TV very soon. But, yeah, some good stuff coming up. I’m excited.

Nyla Rose and Marina Shafir are still together on AEW programming and were in action for Dark: Elevation before the 3/22 Dynamite went live on TBS. 

If the quotes in this article are used, please credit the Grue Rume Show with an H/T to POST Wrestling for the transcriptions. 

Makes sense, she’s kind of a natural fit to be inserted in the Mysterio storyline. Maybe Dom leaves Mami for a new Mami and they make it incredibly creepy lol.