Video Games

Hi All,

I thought that perhaps starting a thread to discuss video games might be a good idea for some of us to connect and have a game with one another.

Originally I had thought maybe keeping it based on wrestling games like 2K18 or perhaps even discussing our favorite ones from the past, but it’s probably better to keep it quite general.

If you want to just recommend anything then please feel free as well, I’m always looking for the next big thing that might catch my attention.

I mainly play on PC myself and try to keep up to date with the latest releases, at the moment I’m playing through Conan Exiles. Though I do have WWE2K18 if anyone else was stupid enough to buy it on PC rather than on console!

If you’d like to add me, just search for Lostarot and send me a message saying you’re from Post so I know. http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197971020703

Current upcoming games I’d be keen playing with others are -

• Dark Souls Remastered
  • Monster Hunter World
  • Sea of Thieves
1 Like

I’ll keep it wrestling related. Anyone get the latest fire pro? Any good?

2 Likes

One word: YES.

They’re releasing DLC soon for manager mode and that may end up being the last time I ever see sunlight.

I’ve also been dipping back into Fallout 4, which is slowly crawling up to a spot in My Top 10 Games Of All Time, purely based on the fact that it’s the first game I’m replaying for a second time since the late 90’s (I’m usually a complete-it-then-sell-it guy).

2 Likes

Absolutely fantastic, well worth a pick up!

Completely agree with @ShaneSilver the updates so far have been fantastic and the upcoming DLC will make it a must have. The best wrestling game on PC - Unless you are emulating older titles like No Mercy or Here comes the pain.

1 Like

Is this game available on ps4 as I’m not a pc gamer. Had it on the Dreamcast and GBA back in the day.

It’s meant to be this summer for consoles (PS4 at least) so yeah eventually! :slight_smile:

Guess I’m waiting. Thanks

I stink at Fire Pro pretty hard. I think I’d rather watch people who are better at it than I. Just got an xbox 360 for the first time a couple of weeks ago so I’m grabbing tons of shit that I missed. WWE 12s story mode is SO borRRIngGG

You’re right, WWE '12 wasn’t particularly good. BUT, '13 and 2K14 are two of my favorite wrestling games ever. I loved reliving the attitude era and wrestlemania matches through those games. Highly recommended. I’m pretty sure they came out on XB360.

Since then though, when 2K switched to a more “simulation” style gameplay, I haven’t really enjoyed their games much. I tried playing 2K15 and 2K17 and only played it for a day or so before giving up.

1 Like

I really liked 15 and 16, especially the 2k Rewind, and even 14’s 30 Years of Wrestlemania is fun. Once they took out that feature though its been hard for me to invest any time in them. I haven’t really gotten into 13 yet, trying to only play one at a time but I’m excited for it.

I haven’t played a WWE game since they introduced that mechanic where your character rolls to the outside automatically in multi-man matches. They need a total re-haul but they’ll keep making them as they can churn out any old shit and the fanbase will still lap it up.

Since this past week was E3 (the Wrestlemania for video games) I thought I would dig this topic up.

Did anybody else follow the broadcasts? Any particular games or announcements that have you excited?

The most impressive game to me was the PS4 Spider-Man game. It looks amazing. I only own an Xbox and REALLY don’t want to spend $400 for a PS4 but I might have to get one just for this game.

1 Like

Gears 5 looks good, Halo Infinite has me intrigued. Resident Evil 2 has such great visuals and has brought back that air of tension.

Not as boring as WWE 2k17 and 2k18s career mode. I agree with @RedRaider07on the 13 and 2k14 games. That was the peak of the franchise imho.

The story modes in those games rock!

Will fire pro ever come to xbox? Ever??? I want to play that bad!

1 Like

I agree that Gears 5 looked good. I haven’t played a Gears game since Gears 2 on the 360 so it would be fun to revisit the franchise.

I am a huge fan of the Halo games and have stayed an Xbox loyalist primarily because of Halo. That being said, the Infinite trailer didn’t particularly impress me. It was like a teaser for a teaser. At least a little bit of info about upgrades to the gameplay or how this will be different from Halo 5 would have been nice.

Looking forward to the next “Last of Us”. The trailer looked awesome!! Btw, what’s everyone’s favorite wrestling game? For me, it has to be Wrestlemania 2000 on N64.

Nah No Mercy is better. They tweaked the minor problems WrestleMania had. It’s pretty much perfect.

Smackdown vs Raw 2006 is my favorite wrestling game ever which may be a surprise. I never see it get talked about much. But it was the first game with the GM mode which I loved and got hooked on. Other games might have had more fun gameplay or better graphics but no other previous game had a mode that was as addictive as GM mode to me.

It was also the first THQ game that felt like they went out of their way to get legends like Bret Hart in the game.

But I’m also a big fan of Smackdown: Here Comes the Pain, WWE ‘13 & 2K14.

Emyln Hughes soccer on the Commodore 64

Just figured I would throw this here but if anyone wants my XBL tag is Lockon002

1 Like