W. Morrissey: "There is somewhere down the line for me and nZo to get back together"

Originally published at W. Morrissey talks about the idea of reuniting with nZo, IMPACT status

The former ‘Big Cass’ sees room in the future for a reunion with nZo.

IMPACT Wrestling is presenting their first pay-per-view of 2022 this Saturday which is the ‘Hard To Kill’ event. The IMPACT World Title will be on the line as the champion Moose defends against Matt Cardona and W. Morrissey in a three-way.

Morrissey shared during the fall of 2021 that he was with IMPACT through the month of October. It was later reported in November by Fightful Select that Morrissey was a free agent and was negotiating with IMPACT. Morrissey appeared on the Battleground Podcast and addressed his contractual status with IMPACT. He said he’ll be with the company for the foreseeable future.

People out there feel entitled to know everything. I was just watching Tom Brady’s ‘Man in the Arena’ this morning and he talks about that. Everybody feels entitled to know everything that’s going on behind the scenes, what’s going on in people’s personal lives, what’s going on professionally, how much money people are making. It’s none of their business man so anybody really hates what I just said, that’s too damn bad. That’s between me, Scott D’Amore, everybody at IMPACT and everybody in my family and everybody that’s gonna be affected by it. You know, in terms of how long I’m there, what I’m making, that’s nobody’s business so that’s just my opinion. So, but yeah, I’m with IMPACT right now and my goal is to be the face of that company.

Everybody thinks they know until they don’t know so yeah, like I said, people do feel entitled to know everything, especially people’s personal business and I don’t think it’s right, I don’t think it’s appropriate so what’s my business is my business and I’m gonna keep that between me and them and you know, all I will say is that I’m gonna keep busting my ass to help IMPACT Wrestling grow and I’m gonna keep busting my ass until I’m their guy, till I’m the top guy there. So for now, I’m with IMPACT Wrestling for the foreseeable future and definitely for this weekend, for Saturday I’m with IMPACT Wrestling so, you know, as far as anything else goes, everybody can keep speculating. I don’t think it’s that big of a deal.

For a great portion of his career, Morrissey was paired up with nZo, the former ‘Enzo Amore’. They have not teamed up in a sanctioned match since the summer of 2017. While Morrissey is locked in on his singles run, he does see room for himself and nZo to reunite down the line.

I think I wouldn’t wanna go back to tag teams full-time. There is somewhere down the line for me and nZo to get back together but, I’m focused on a singles run right now. I think it’s what I’ve always wanted, I think it’s what I’ve always been destined to do and I just need to take advantage of the opportunities now because I had a lot of opportunities that were thrown my way that I wasted and that’s something that I have to go to sleep with at night knowing that but, yeah, I think the opportunity is there for me to succeed as a singles star and I think that it’s gonna happen. I think we’re in process of watching it happen so, for me going forward, singles is the way to go because I just think for me right now, where I’m at mentally, spiritually, emotionally, I think it’s a way better fit for me to be out there on my own.

At the 2021 Rebellion event, Morrissey debuted in IMPACT Wrestling and teamed with Violent By Design to defeat Chris Sabin, Willie Mack, James Storm and Eddie Edwards. Morrissey did not think he would be back on a televised wrestling program.

Good to be back. It just very, very happy to be back in a television capacity in wrestling. It was a really fulfilling moment for me. Really exciting and a thing that for a long time, I wasn’t sure if it’d happen again.

Tonight’s episode of IMPACT on AXS is the Hard To Kill go-home show. At the conclusion of last week’s IMPACT, it was revealed that Su Yung (Vannarah Riggs) is pregnant.

If the quotes in this article are used, please credit the Battleground Podcast with an H/T to POST Wrestling for the transcriptions.