Wade Keller's Pro Wrestling Torch Newsletter

Anybody here a subscriber to The Torch? I’m already an Observer reader and would like to try out other newsletters, any recommendations on the Torch? Do they have good archives?

Not exactly what you asked as I haven’t read their newsletters but have listened to a few of their radio shows in the past.

While they are informative I find it to be too much commentary on the host’s thoughts of the shows vs actual news and recapping - which is what I am more interested in. It also seems like it takes Wade Keller forever to get to a point - haha.

It all comes down to preference I guess - I just didn’t enjoy it as much as I enjoy Post and the F4W shows.

1 Like

Funny I have always wanted John and Wai to do some kind of collab with Wade Keller…not sure why other than so many other guys appear on each others’ shows and it might be fun.

1 Like

Does anybody else have a preference? Dave Meltzer or Wade Keller?

I never read the newsletters. I liked his podcast but I have fallen off of basically all non-post wrestling (Post and UpNXT)stuff during the pandemic. I think having the hosts share a little bit of banter and stuff helps as the wrestling is less of a draw.

Alverez …

Meltzer everywhere except Twitter.

Keller tends to get interviews of a more serious nature, compared to say Alvarez (who is often working even in his podcasts.)

Never read any of the paper newsletters.

1 Like

Alvarez is always in a character when conducting interviews, I agree. I always like listening to Wade Keller and Todd Martin on The Fix podcast on the Torch website. Very sane and objective.

One person’s sane is another person’s boring.Plus Keller has this annoying habit of saying “very good” after someone else has spoken,no matter what they have said.