WCW Saturday Night: 5-23-92

I randomly came across this video on YouTube. I remember the “Saturday Nights”, but I vaguely remember Gordy and Dr. Death teaming up. They looked badass. Hopefully there’s video of Gordy and Williams vs the Steiners or the Road Warriors. On a side note, Tracy Smothers and Ricky Morton would’ve been an awesome heel team.

2 Likes

Even as a child, I loved Dr. Death and Terry Gordy. One of my favorite teams of all time.

2 Likes

Shane Douglas and Ricky steamboat were amazing too. I loved them wrestling the Hollywood blondes.

2 Likes

All of 92 until June 94 is the best run WCW ever had, in terms of overall in ring action.

So much amazing stuff in there, and I really hope more people start to discover it / watch it.

Dangerous Alliance (Rude, Austin, Anderson Zbyszko), Sting, Vader, Steamboat, Dustin, Windham, Steiners, Simmons, Koloff, Pillman, Liger, Muta, Chono, Foley, Gordy & Williams, and so many more talents were on fire during this era.

It’s a shame everybody looks over it in favour of the Nitro era.

Honestly one of the reasons I enjoy AEW right now is that it reminds me very much of this time frame. Just a mix of many styles and talents, with something for everyone.

1 Like

Hollywood Blondes had such a brief, but great run. I’d put them among the best teams of the first half of the 90’s.

2 Likes

I don’t think you’ll find a match against The Road Warriors unless they fought them in Japan, as their US run was short lived and (other than a single match at ECW High Incident against The Eliminators) in WCW whilst The Road Warriors were in WWF.

There were a few matches against The Steiner Brothers, most notably Clash XIX as part of the revived NWA tag team tournament and Beach Blast for The Steiner Brothers WCW tag team belts.

2 Likes