What are you looking forward to the most this weekend ?

For everyone that says AEW television is better than WWE, did you really think that rampage was better than Smackdown? They did nothing on rampage to hype punk versus Moxley, and instead we were subjected to some missable stuff on a go home show.

Smackdown was much better and built the title program.

The proof will always be in the pudding and I’m not one to bet against Tony Khan, but I don’t have a good feeling about this buyrate and the way they hyped the main event

I watch every wrestling show on fast forward after it’s done.

Usually I don’t watch RAW and I don’t think I watch more than 5 episodes in 10 years, but lately I have been taping and forwarding through.

For dynamite I focus on some of the good talking segments and if there’s a high profile match. A lot of the other matches I’ll just fast forward to until the ending to see what happens or just skip entirely if it’s the young bucks or something and I know I won’t like it

I definitely agree there more skippable parts of RAW vs dynamite

1 Like

For me and what I am looking for, I prefer Rampage. Is it how I would book the show? No. But again, its more exciting to me and I dont fast forward through it like WWE shows.

1 Like

All-Out, Punk vs. Moxley & Elite vs. Dark Order Trios titles. And, Hobbs vs. Starks for the star-making performance could be for both of them.

Anything Sami Zayn & KO on Clash at the Castle, And hopefully Bayzler winning the SD Women’s title and getting a big match with TERF Rousey, and Bel Air vs. Bayley moving forward.

Gunther match is incredible. Hard for anything this weekend to top this. And not a single illogical flip or 30 secs Pac setup spot. This is what I love about wrestling. Strong NJPW strong style vibes.

It was not what I was hoping for. Gunther did nothing but chop and hit a couple sloppy looking powerbombs. Sheamus was solid, but it was a little underwhelming until the end.

Good lord, there are 15 matches set for Sunday. That crowd is going to completely die at some point. We don’t need an all Atlantic, FTW or mixed tag match.

Personally I won’t be watching the pre show because that is just way too much. Tony needs to streamline these shows because they are starting to feel like a WWE show where ppl are put on the show as a favour.

Is Gunter losing his unique appeal now that he’s looking smaller than Shemus on TV?

But like amazing for him he looks so slim and good he must be so much healthier I’m jealous

I think part of the issue is he was big in the indies or NXT/UK but he has both skimmed down and isn’t the biggest guy on the Main roster. I still loved the Seamus match but he probably shouldn’t be power bombing guys that big if he cannot do it well.
He has other finisher type moves.

1 Like

I think a few fans who had such high hopes will be following you after last nights results

The Matches by and large yesterday were good. It definitely had a different feel to the quality.

The ending of the Roman match I posted another thread was not what I would’ve done. Tyson fury singing at the end with Drew it was absolutely horseshit.

If they wanted Roman to retain they could’ve had him lose here through some sort of a distraction finish and then do this exact same ending at another pay-per-view and have him get it back.

Nonetheless quality of the match it was good and Gunther versus Shemus was exactly what I want out of a wrestling match.

I know people love the last two weeks of Kenny omega matches but for me I basically couldn’t watch more than three minutes of that flippy nonsense before I turned it off. I don’t understand how you can let Pac take 30 secs to set up on the turn buckle and then hit a move and still think this is a five star wrestling match. But to each their own, some people love that kind of stuff and and for me it’s more of a sideshow undercard thing I don’t mind seeing but stuff I want kept out of any serious main event picture.

Tonight will be the first AEW pay-per-view that I skip. I just don’t feel at all excited about anything other than Jericho versus Bryan on this entire card. Like I said have they done in normal build in Mox and punk I probably would’ve bought it but at least for me this was a miss in terms of how it was handled in terms of peaking my interest. I will be looking for clips to see if MJF returns.

To everyone who’s watching tonight I hope the show is good. If what Tony says it’s true and this is a bit of a reset I look forward to seeing AEW in the fall.

2 Likes

Pretty sure he just came back as the Joker.

And I am guessing if that’s the case, he’s walking out of Chicago as the new champion.

Boom. Called it

2 Likes