What are you reading?

Never seen or read Dune so I’m reading Dune (Not sure if I’ll go through the whole series) and then I’m gonna watch the movies after, since the sequel is just around the corner.

3 Likes

I’d suggest tapping out after “God Emperor” but your mileage may vary. In any case the first book is a must-read.

1 Like

I heard he was told to dial back for the first two books to keep it accessible but could go all out on the third book. I’ll keep that in mind!

2 Likes

I just finished reading an Eighth Doctor, Doctor Who book, and starting Ronda Rouseys first book!

This is a hockey history book I’ve heard tons about and now got my hands on it and hoping to dive into it soon. It tells the story of the WHA and how it put the NHL on notice in the 1970s.

1 Like

I loved “Loose Balls,” which is about the old ABA, and it’s a wild and tremendously entertaining read. Might pique your interest, @jallonar4040

Ok. Here’s the list of what I’ve read recently since my last post, but from an entirely different pool than the rest of y’all. LOL!

The ever present latest edition of Environmental Humanities Journal (November, Duke University Press).

Tim Hornbaker - “The Last Real World’s Champion”
Mark Forsyth - The Etymologicon: A Circular Stroll Through the Hidden Connections of the English Language
Victoria Marian - The Power of Language: How the Codes We Use to Think, Speak, and Live Transform our Minds
Philip J. Stern - Empire, Inc.: The Corporations That Built British Colonialism (Just Starting)
Darrell Hartman - Battle of Ink and Ice: A Sensational Story of News Barons, North Pole Explorers, and the Making of Modern Media (Almost done)
Jennifer Ackerman - What An Owl Knows: The New Science of the World’s Most Enigmatic Birds
Amy Brady - Ice - From Mixed Drinks to Skating Rinks: A Cool History of a Hot Commodity
Jisheng Yang - The World Turned Upside: A History of the Chinese Cultural Revolution

Suzanne Cope - Power Hungry: Women of the Black Panther Party and Freedom Summer and Their Fight to Feed a Movement (This is a strain of history I’ve been into since doing a research paper on Black women and the use of food in community building and reformation during the Civil Rights movement of the 1960s, food history is fascinating)

Giorgio Parisi - In A Flight of Starlings: The Wonders of Complex Systems
Oliver, Franklin-Wallis - Wasteland: The Secret World of Waste and the Urgent Search for a Cleaner Future
Neal Thompson - Driving With the Devil: Southern Moonshine, Detroit Wheels, and the Birth of NASCAR
Kate Flannery - Strip Tees: A Memoir of Millennial Los Angeles
Satoshi Yagisawa - Days at the Morisaki Bookshop: A Novel

I told y’all I read more than anything else. LOL.