What are you thankful for in the Wrestling world?

i’m thankful for the great coverage of POST Wrestling! Also the IICONIC’s. What are you thankful for in the Wrestling business? On the eve of Thanksgiving, what are some of the things you’ve really enjoyed this year? I get such a kick out of this clip from survivor series 1989 so I try to share it every year.

1 Like

I’m thankful for wrestling podcasts. Seriously, I spend at least an hour a day listening to wrestling podcasts on most days. I actually listen to wrestling podcasts more than I watch wrestling nowadays.

I’m also thankful for a somewhat thriving independent scene. There are many accessible options now other than WWE and AEW that provide an alternative and smaller promotion feel. You can easily watch Impact, ROH, MLW, and/or NWA Powerr online if you want something a little different than the major promotions. I don’t watch any of these promotions religiously, but I like the fact that they all have weekly TV’s and give wrestlers you wouldn’t normally see in the “big time” promotions regular exposure.

5 Likes

I am thankful for POST Wrestling, the BDE and all the friends that have come out of this community of ours. It’s made my enjoyment of wrestling increase tenfold to be able to share it with mostly like-minded, cool people.

I am also thankful for a group of bandits who sought to do cowboy shit and proved they could be successful without conforming to the norms. Yes, The Elite. I have always been invested in their story as it’s one of a group of people following their dreams and trying to do something on their own and not being part of the machine. It’s been inspirational, provides hope, and the fact AEW has seen initial success is as much a human interest story as it is wrestling.

I am greatful for technology in wrestling that I can watch New Japan at weird hours. And I appreciate and am thankful for the sacrifice these guys make on their bodies to entertain us. (That goes for all wrestlers)

4 Likes

AEW has been fun and entertaining to me. I’m glad I have a N. American wrestling company I like to follow.

2 Likes

I’m just thankful for wrestling as a whole. It was there for me when I was as young as I can remember. It is here for me now. Even at its worst, I still enjoy the hell out of it.

I’m thankful for a place like this, where I can discuss what I love, with others who also love it. I’m a very introverted person and wrestling forums have been a big part of my online life. They’re a lot easier to find than other shows I watch.

2 Likes

I am thankful for this positive thread and the same as everyone else.

4 Likes

I am thankful for the great content out there so I don’t have to watch every show to keep up. I’m thanksful NXT and NJPW and AEW have given me hope to remain a wrestling fan

2 Likes

I’M THANKFUL I AINT RICKY RUDE

1 Like

I’m thankful for Okada and Jericho’s basic finishers. Proving anything can be treated serious once established

1 Like

What other shows?

I’m Canadian, so you all a month late. But I am thankful for Post Wrestling, for doing all the hard work and keeping me entertained on my commute to work

4 Likes

I watch a lot of shows, lets see if I can list them all…

The Flash
Arrow
Supergirl
Batwoman
The Walking Dead
Prodigal Son
Survivor
American Horror Story
Legacies
How To Get Away With Murder
A Million Little Things
Hawaii 5-0
Ray Donovan

Some I’ll watch immediately when I can. Others I have to binge when I get a chance, because I dont have the time to watch them all.

1 Like

I’m so thankful and grateful that I found the entire family of Live Audio Wrestling. Not just John and Wai, but also Braden and Davie, the guys at Sunday Night’s Main Event with Jason Agnew and Dan “The Mouth” Lovranski (Also a proud patron to their Patreon) and finally Dave and Bryan at Wrestling Observer Radio for giving us audio meals every single day.

Just also thankful that the wrestling industry is so much healthier than ten years ago with so many promotions giving out content. The reason I have been a fan since I was nine years old.

Thankful for streaming services. Cheap places like Powerslam TV can get me access to many indy shows. Thankful for this site as I’ve enjoyed John and Wai for years. Was gutted when I heard about The Law but gladly pay to listen to them. Thankful for Rhea Ripley as she has been a breath of fresh air. And thankful for all of you because it’s great to pass time reading arguments I’m not involved in

1 Like