What are you watching?

Currently Watching:
Stranger Things Season 4 - Through episode 5 so far. Really fun. Although I’m a little worried about the last few episodes as I’ve heard the run times are insane.
Obi-Wan Kenobi - The first three episodes have been incredible.
Star Trek: Strange New Worlds - A great star trek show. Love the cast, the chemistry and the stories so far.
Barry Season 3 - So far a bit underwhelming. Not as good as S1 or S2.

Looking forward to:
Ms. Marvel
The Boys Season 3
For All Mankind Season 3

Recently Finished:
Picard Season 2 - Started off so strong and then just went nowhere for 7 episodes. A lot like recent Discovery seasons. Disappointing.
Moon Knight - Much better than I thought it would be.
Flight Attendant Season 1 - Good drama. Not much comedy for even a “dark comedy”.
Winning Time - Phenomenal. I loved every episode. So well made and acted.
Ozark Season 4 (Pt 2) - Intense. A fitting ending for a very dramatic and brutal show.

1 Like

X-Men: The Animated Series (to get ready for X-Men '97)
Ms. Marvel
Obi-Wan
Superman & Lois
The Boys

I haven’t started Stranger Things IV yet.

This summer I got:
Superman & Lois
The Flash
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Drive to Survive
America’s Got Talent
Law & Order

We like a lot of the same stuff!

Just watched Flight Attendant with my wife, I really liked it! Not as good as season 1, but still very good. I did find it funny though, specifically the interactions with Annie and Max. I almost found they tried too hard at times with the comedy. The Miranda episode for example, I found they went too far with it. Its not laugh out loud funny though if thats what you mean.

100% agree with your assesement on Barry, I’ve liked this season but its underwhemlming. On a side note, its very jarring to see Michael Irby go from being a gay maphia boss in Barry to a homophobic biker in Mayans MC as I am currently watching both those shows right now.

Just started Stranger Things last night, loved the the first episode of the 4th season.

I tried Winning Time, but I had a hard time with it. I get its fiction based on real life, but seems to be such a departure from reality based on feedback I have gotten. It would be like watching a scripted show about WWE where they depict Daniel Bryan as an abusive alcoholic and Vince McMahon as a saint.

I thought the ending was fucking terrible.

Watching Obi Wan, Strange New Worlds, both tremendous so far and we’re planning a SNW cosplay group! (I’ll be doing Spock, my gf is doing Chapel and some friends of ours are doing Pike and Number One), also I’ve been rewatching Doctor Who, starting with the 8th Doctor movie, just a few episodes into Tennants 10th Doctor run. Besides that I’m looking forward to more Superman and Lois, She Hulk, Andor, whatever is next for Trek too.

Has anyone watched Severance on AppleTV?!
It may be the greatest show Ive watched in…a long time.

1 Like

Do you mean just the very ending? The entire finale? Or all of season 4?

I enjoyed everything, up until the final scene. I just thought it was a lame way to end the show.

As another doctor who fan, just curious who is your favorite Doctor?

1 Like

Well as I’ve seen very little classic Who (only the first serial of the first Doctor and the eight Doctor movie) I’m going strictly with New Who and it’s close between Ten and Eleven, but I have to go with Eleven! Even though I’ve cosplayed them both lol me and my gf have done Ten & Rose, as well as Eleven & Clara.

What about you??

There have certainly been some complaints about its accuracy. But overall the liberties its taken are fairly minor as the series did focus on true events of the most insane sports season perhaps ever.
-A playboy millionaire chemist buys a crappy LA Lakers team.
-Its coach quits before the first season.
-It’s first choice for new coach gets spooked after the mafia killed one of his assistants.
-It’s second choice is a brilliant assistant coach nobody has ever heard of who gets in a bike accident that ends his season.
-The replacement coach was a college English professor who had never been a head coach before.
-They make it to the finals where they kick off one of their star players for Heroin use.
-Said player then pays a hitman to go after the coach.
-Their legendary star player gets injured in the finals.
-They still manage to win the finals in the first year with a crazy new owner and a rookie Magic.

Yes Jeanie Buss wasn’t working for the Lakers that season. And perhaps Jerry West wasn’t as much of a psychopath as the show insinuates. But they got way more right than they did wrong and delivered it in a compelling way with fantastic performances. It might be my favorite show of the year so far.

1 Like

I haven’t seen much of old Who either. But I agree Matt Smith is my favorite version of the Doctor as well.

Although my caveat is that my favorite season of Doctor Who from top-to-bottom is series 9 with the tenth doctor. Not a single bad episode throughout and it nailed the landing with the two part series finale Hell Bent & Heaven Sent. Every other season seems to always have a dud episode here and there.

1 Like

I wouldnt call going to the playoffs 3 straight years a crappy team…

It’s the Jerry west thing that bothers me. From interviews with him and people he worked with, it sounds like they turned a regular nice guy into a raging alcoholic. I may give it another shot as I loved the pilot, but I just wish they didn’t do that.

You’re right. That was my fault. Not the shows. I forgot the Lakers drafted first because they had the Jazz’s pick. Not because they had a bad year before.

1 Like

Just finished Stranger Things Season 4A…that last episode was fucking amazing. I wont spoil it, but holy shit did they tie everything up so perfectly.

1 Like

Running Man is my very favorite show of all time. I legally stream it though Viki, but there is also random websites.

Is it a social strategy game?

It’s a hilarious Korean variety show. It’s sort of a mix between Amazing Race and Wipeout, but the missions change every episode.

1 Like