Which night of Wrestlemania would you choose?

So I have an opportunity to get some tickets to Wrestlemania at decent prices. Thankfully as the event gets closer there are some discounts going on. But with young kids its hard to be gone for two nights in a row. So I thought I would ask the forum. Which night of WM would you choose?

WrestleMania 38 – Night 1

• The KO Show: Kevin Owens with Steve Austin
  • SmackDown Women’s Championship: Charlotte Flair (champion) vs. Ronda Rousey
  • Raw Women’s Championship: Becky Lynch (champion) vs. Bianca Belair
  • SmackDown Tag Championships: The Usos vs. Shinsuke Nakamura & Rick Boogs
  • Seth Rollins vs. TBA
  • The Miz & Logan Paul vs. Rey & Dominik Mysterio
  • Drew McIntyre vs. Happy Corbin
  • Kofi Kingston & Xavier Woods vs. Sheamus & Ridge Holland

WrestleMania 38 – Night 2

• Champion vs. Champion: Roman Reigns vs. Brock Lesnar
  • Anything Goes Match: Sami Zayn vs. Johnny Knoxville
  • AJ Styles vs. Edge
  • Pat McAfee vs. Austin Theory
  • WWE Women’s Tag Championships: Carmella/Zelina vs. Naomi/Banks vs. Ripley/Morgan vs. Natalya/Baszler
  • Raw Tag Championships: Orton & Riddle vs. The Street Profits vs. Alpha Academy
  • Omos vs. Bobby Lashley

I personally am most interested in Seth vs Cody, AJ vs Edge and Becky vs Bianca. Followed by being sort of interested in Reigns vs Lesnar and the Austin appearance. So there’s stuff on both nights I want to see and stuff I do not want to see (Omos, Knoxville, Corbin).

If you could only pick one which would you choose?

Its a hard choice but I think i’d go for the first night.
KO and Austin,
I think the womans matches will be good.
Seth and ??? (we wonder)

Its a shame we dont know the timings because if Corbin and Miz matches opened the show you could miss the first hour as well and have a great evening.

1 Like

For me it’s night one. Rollins/Cody, KO Show, and Bianca/Becky are 3 of the top 4 thing I’m looking forward to.

3 Likes

I’m hoping Drew beats Corbin in like 10 seconds. They tend to do that at mania to characters like Corbin.fingers crossed lol.

2 Likes

I agree. I do think at least the McIntyre/Corbin match should be a quick squash match used as the “cool-down” match before the main event. Which is fine and I can live with that.

I definitely agree with the feedback so far and I’m leaning towards Night 1. Even the celebrity involvement isn’t as bad because because it will mostly by Miz vs Rey. Whereas the celebrity match on Night 2 against Knoxville has no saving grace. Sami is a funny guy but I don’t think he will be able to make it interesting.

2 Likes

It’s pretty even for me, 3 matches per night I’m significantly interested in, I’ll give Saturday the edge with some interest in Ronda/Charlotte. But I could go either way

3 Likes

I mean… They also had Corbin retire Angle in an 8 minute Mania match.

3 Likes

I’d go night one. Owens/Austin, Rollins and Becky/Bianca are all worth watching. I actually think Logan Paul is going to surprise some people and he will be protected.

I think Zayn vs Knoxville is going to be really bad and Edge/Styles will be a slog. I also think the McAfee match is going to be pretty goofy

Ya, but that’s when they were pushing him more as a serious character. That was awful though.

I was thinking about this today.

Would I rather work a 10 hour shift or watch both nights and both pre shows.

I honestly don’t know what I would do.

I would choose neither but night 1 seems better for Cody and Becky and Austin. Ronda and Charlotte is a bit of a dud for me.

Unless you really care about Roman vs Brock the second night hinges on AJ vs Edge a lot.

However biggest pops will be night 1. Crowd will be more split for AJ and Roman matches versus Austin and Cody likely.

So I wanted to give everyone an update. I ended up purchasing tickets to night 1! And I am excited. It’s only the third or fourth event I’ll have gone to in the last two years.

And there is lots of good stuff.

• Cody’s debut. I am a fan of Cody’s and fascinated by how WWE will treat him. His return is unprecedented.
  • Bianca vs Becky should be really good.
  • Seeing the Uso’s & New Day. It’s a shame they aren’t facing each other instead of two random teams. But they should all be good matches.
  • Stone Cold’s return. Not really sure what to expect but it should be fun.

Anyone else going?

3 Likes

My hope for your sake (and all of ours) it isn’t Shane McMahon instead of Cody. Have a great time!

1 Like

I was just thinking this. Or a Goldberg 30 second squash match. I would love it to be honest. WWE would love the heat as well. Cody comes out on Monday’s RAW instead - I would piss myself if they did something like this.

This is WWE. I’m usually prepare myself for the most disappointing outcome. So no I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s not Cody. I would be dissapointed but I would try to not let it ruin the whole experience.

I imagine though that a lot of the crowd would be pissed if they heard “here comes the money” instead of “adrenaline in my soul”.

1 Like

For me it would definitely be Night One. Basically the Austin appearance is what you are paying for. All those other matches there is a 90% chance you can see run back if you just pay for RAW tickets the night after.

1 Like

I can’t imagine the boos if that happens. Hopefully if they do that it’s a swerve like Carmella and Becky

I could see that happening too. With Shane or someone like Triple H coming out first only to then introduce Cody.

The other possibility I just saw is Gable Stevenson making his debut. I hadn’t considered him. But makes a lot of sense as he’s done media saying he will be at Mania and is another big signing by WWE. Although again I think would disappoint the crowd expecting Cody.

2 Likes

Gable would be bigger than Cody I think. Good call. Braun Breaker as well is possible

1 Like

I don’t see it being Braun. He will have just had a match earlier in the day. And even when NXT was at its hottest they didn’t debut talents at WrestleMania.

Most likely Seth opponent:
-Cody Rhodes

Other possible opponents:
-Shane McMahon
-Gable Stevenson
-Goldberg

Unlikely possibilities
-Braun Breakker
-Elias
-Veer
-Undertaker