Who do you think will be the first to defect?

Who will be the first to leave WWE for AEW?
Lmk who you think?
Multiple answers is just fine.

Difficult to know who will jump without knowing the remaining time on peopleā€™s contracts but The Revival jumping to AEW is an obvious one for the future. Britt Baker jumping to WWE wouldnā€™t surprise me either.

1 Like

A more interesting question is who will be the first to leave AEW for wwe?

The Dr, Nooooooo

Asuka or Kairi sane?

1 Like

It wonā€™t be for a while, thatā€™s why they started offering long-term double-your-money contracts and playing dirty with people like Luke Harper. Spears was lucky to get out when he did. But yes, The Revival are the obvious ones since itā€™s well-known they have refused new contract offers. Orton might decide heā€™s had enough of WWE shenanigans mid-next year, and while he might not seem like a ā€˜fitā€™ for AEW right now, being given free reign away from the restrictions of scripts etc might give him the impetus to actually become more interesting. He certainly comes across as not having any figs to give right now which could make for an interesting character outside of the machine.

The next ā€˜bigā€™ signing for AEW will obviously be Scurll, whether Flip will come with him is the only real intrigue there (though I think his contract still has a bit to go). Other than that I think itā€™s more likely youā€™ll see someone jump from NJPW. Robinson maybe? Not Osprey unfortunately.

1 Like

Feel like Revival is a lock. Rusev feels like a solid choice now. I think Orton will do it. My gut tells me he wants to do something new and trailblazing and admires Cody a lot for it. I think they are close too.

2 Likes

Hopefully not that many. I could see Revival and Luke Harper. No idea what his contract status but also ā€œBrokenā€ Matt Hardy.

1 Like

Without knowing contracts itā€™s hard to say. Plus the only person whoā€™s left AEW so far was Kylie Rae for TNA.

Honestly I feel people like Rusev & The Revival would be great in AEW, but I think The Revival renewed for a few years and Rusev may still have a year under contract.

1 Like

Till mid next year, rumour is heā€™ll then be done with in-ring. Think heā€™s hoping for one last Broken run though.

1 Like

I cant see it. I feel like he wants to work with certain guys, but work with them in WWE. Iā€™ve never seen him as a guy who wants to take risks. Heā€™s comfortable. Heā€™s probably making good money. Has a great schedule. Iā€™d be shocked.

3 Likes

I wouldnā€™t call that a defection. That whole thing was very strange. The way it went down so suddenly and without any real explanation suggests something happened that meant she just didnā€™t feel comfortable there any more. Itā€™s possible that at the time she genuinely wanted to be out of the business but has since changed her mind, but again just didnā€™t want to go back there so chose to appear with TNA. I donā€™t think weā€™ll ever know and tbh fair enough, but it is curious.

2 Likes

He already has the money and would probably make a comparable amount in AEW anyway. Plus their schedule is by design quite light. So I donā€™t see it as being all that risky for him. I just get the vibe over the last few years he is ready for something else.

1 Like

Sami Zayn or shinsuke nakamura Dolph Ziggler

1 Like

Heā€™s had a lack luster last few years. Went thru terrible creative with Bray and was really watered down during his run as the Autority champion. With Cena gone, heā€™s the last one of that era still there regularly (or so it feels) and I just think he cares a lot of about the business in a way nobody has given him credit for in years. He doesnā€™t need the money so thatā€™s another reason I think heā€™s a candidate but itā€™s a long shot and youā€™re probably right.

Iā€™d love to see it. Even more than guys like Zayn, Revival, Rusev etc. I think it would be a lot more interesting.

1 Like

More interesting than WWE, what about some of the people in organizations other than WWE?

I think Tessa Blanchard eventually signs and one person Iā€™d love to see in AEW is Killer Kross. They could use a few more monsters and I think heā€™d a perfect fit.

Itā€™s also probably only a matter of time before AEW or WWE grabs Jacob Fatu from MLW.

2 Likes

Based on the direction WWE seems to be going Daniel Cormier and Conor McGregor will be signed within a year.

1 Like

Bigger lock:
Cormier to WWE or Revival to AEW

Orton showing up would be Nuts!