Who will win the ratings tonight (2020-01-08)?

I don’t think they’re misusing Keith Lee at all. I just don’t think he’s main event worthy. For some reason he comes across as a bit comedic to me. Maybe it’s the ironic self indulgence with the entrance music and his cadence when he talks. Can’t take it seriously.

Pouncing Brock into the 5-th row like Lee did Adam Cole (Bay Bay) will be a sight to see.

… but I highly doubt it. I do think he does have better chances on this than Matt Riddle, though.

It’s not either Keith lee or Riddle.

It’s obvious that Riddle fights Goldberg. Even a blind person can see this.

Keith Lee is a project they will build up. He’s not ready.

If you want people to enter the RR and toss out Brock to setup a match the list is short:

-Cain
-fiend
-McIntrye
-Braun
-Kofi
-Roman
-new person

That’s about it

Why is Keith Lee “not ready”?

1 Like

Because he has not won any big matches. He’s famous for losing to Roman right now. They don’t let him do his bunch of high spots and im not sure he is believable yet as a threat to Brock. He would need to win more.

However I do think on the women’s side Shayna is ready as she has been a beast and is ready for Becky

I’d say Lee is much more ready for a Brock match than most of your list. Especially if they book him strong in the Rumble.

-Cain matcha was terrible, unless Cain is very improved this is a bad match to make and Lee would be a better opponent.

• Fiend could be Ok if Brock wins but I have no desire to see that match as I don’t want either one with both titles.
    -McIntyre is level with Lee he has also won no big matches to speak of he loses most of his feuds.
  • Braun is largely the same he loses most big matches, he is the big show. You could do that match but we’ve seen it and it isn’t good.
  • Kofi- not based off the end of his run. Brock killed him in 10 seconds, plus he isn’t swapping brands away from the New Day.
  • Roman -on the wrong brand and I don’t think they want to go to this match again yet.

You could easily book Lee to toss Brock, look strong, even win the Rumble come to Raw and win some feuds going into mania, then lose a good match to Brock at mania

I’m not sure Lee is ready to be champ just yet but he could easily (more than your list IMO) face Brock in a program that establishes him as a big threat on the roster.

I could also see it being Riddle doing similar to set him up for Goldberg down the line. You cannot bring him up for that he hasn’t done anything yet.

1 Like

Yeah I don’t understand how Lee isn’t ready. He’s been signed for like two years. They heated him up big time at Survivor Series so if he’s not ready now I don’t know if he ever will be.

It’s annoying how much time guys waste in NXT. To what benefit? If they get hot like Lee did, then push him or her. It’s the same issue on the main roster with Black and Ricochet. They’ve been up on the main roster for a year now and have done very little.

The thing is they should only call up top talent if they have a plan (they need call ups for depth etc as well.). But especially with NXT on USA it doesn’t make sense to call up big stars to sit in the lower midcard on the main roster.

He’s ready for main roster.

To come up and win Rumble and be in main event of WM against Brock? That requires a bit more

All that does is let them overexpose him before he ever gets to Brock like they did to Strowman. If you’re going to go with a guy, there’s no set number of matches he needs first. Just go with him and save WWE creative from itself. Pretty sure he’ll be over plenty after beating Brock Lesnar clean.

1 Like

Keith Lee vs Brock doesn’t excite many people yet including me. They also need an opponent for Bray.

Is figure it’s Becky vs Shayna and Bayley vs Banks on the women’s side. On the men’s they really a need a bit match. Hard to see one coming together.

So giving the exact same push go a guy like Keith Lee as they did for Brock or Yoko would be wrong in your opinion? Why?

Lee is one of the best big men of the last 20 years. He’s got natural talent and can go with almost any opponent. Why shouldn’tuldn’t they go with him, in your opinion?

No one vs Brock is exciting right now, same with Fiend they are an awful pair of champs and wwe screwed up by putting the belts on both around the brand split. I mean who on the list you gave are people clamoring to fight Brock? You spend the Mania build making people exited that is the whole point of a build. I mean this time last year who was clamoring to see Kofi vs Bryan?

Lee doesn’t even need to win the Rumble, have some from smackdown win and face the Fiend. Have Lee eliminate Brock after a strong back and forth, have him Pounce a smaller guy 10’ up the ramp as an elimination, do a few impressive spots, and get some eliminations potentially big ones, like Corbin (because it will get Cheered). Guys can get over in Rumbles without winning.

2 Likes

Ricochet has been given chances. He’s got zero personality on the mic and people aren’t invested in him at all. That’s on him.

I don’t think he really has been given chances, he had one midcard title win, other than that he has been there largely to make others look good, and the super hero thing is just bad. It is partially on him because his mic skills are bad

The fact he was given a title despite not connecting with the crowd at all, was them doing more for him than he deserved in my opinion. The script they’re giving him to say isn’t good, but the delivery is down to him. He seems too scared to show any emotion when talking.

He’s been given a script to say superheroes are real and lose most of the time. If he’s not good at talking, give him other things to do. It’s not complicated. He’s probably the best guy in ring they have and he’s cosplaying

2 Likes

He was connecting when he got the title, people wanted to see him in the ring. But WWE midcard title holder has been a death position in the last year. But it goes back to they brought him up with no solid plan. He was in a team with black which was working pretty well. Then they lost 3 title matches in a week, disbanded and both went on separate terrible journeys.

I don’t think anyone in WWE could make Ricochet’s scripting sound good. And if his mic skills are still bad, why was he called up? What did he work on in developmental? It’s almost like NXT doesn’t matter. Shocking

I just think he needs more build up.

With Brock he had many big wins and he got the fans to boo the Rock. HE GOT THE FASNS TO BOO THE ROCK. And you comparing him to Keith Lee? He was ready to be the guy.

Yoko has big wins at PPVs against a chucking and a jiving Virgil and was a monster going into the match.