Who will win the ratings tonight? (2020-01-15)

• AEW
  • NXT
  • Tie

0 voters

Won’t be close.

1 Like

I think AEW wins and I think the Bash at the Beach theme gets them some more eyes and they get slightly over 1 million viewers.

I think the fact they promoted it as a special show will obviously help them. Doesn’t matter that they massively under delivered.

It is weekly TV, I’m not sure what massively under delivered means. What should they have done?

AEW is suffering from unrealistic expectations. Every show cannot be Double or Nothing; some segments are to get talent exposure.

For a show that rarely drags, features several good matches a night, and has a mix of main event talent, mid card talent and lower end job guys, it has a lot of ingredients. Maybe creatively it is not satisfying, but when is the last 2 hour program that hit every note perfectly?

As for prediction of ratings, I think the use of themes like Bash at the Beach, the constant promoting of what viewers will get to see, and then anticipation of the following week with its own uniqueness is enough to keep them ahead for a while.

NXT has been very strong, but it has not broke past the “network viewing” stigma for me personally. I don’t totally feel I’m missing anything if I do not catch it live, but could very well be just how I viewed the show prior to USA. Either way not enough has made that perception change.

1 Like

I would say Dynamite didn’t massively over deliver but saying they massively under delivered is a ridiculous statement to make.

1 Like

@Brad_The_Archivist @AuthorOfPosts

I’m not even trying to debate it or argue whether it did or didn’t. I’m just genuinely curious what somebody who thinks the show under-delivered really wanted out of it? I’ll accept fantasy booking if it illustrates a better alternative.

1 Like

I mean you are not missing anything by viewing any wrestling on DVR. I’ve not watched one episode of Dynamite live and I don’t feel like I’m missing out. I guess maybe if you are active on wrestling twitter or something and need to react real time or if you want to leave feedback for the post shows. But otherwise I don’t feel like it is appointment viewing for any show.

1 Like

No it’s not. I thought it was kind of boring. Other than the opening tag match, which still had its dumb moment with the referee being injured to set up an interference in a match that was no DQ, the rest was kind of meh with the occasional moments of amateurish, silly type of angles with Moxley which some like because it’s the dumb type of 90s wrestling angle but it’s not for me.

So for me, it really wasn’t a great show.

Cody could come out of their TV screen, hand them 50 bucks, and then Kenny omega could face Okada in a ladder match, and certain people here would be like “it was only 50 dollars, and it was only a spot fest”

2 Likes

You are 100% correct. Not appointment viewing, but at least if I am home I will flip on Dynamite where I never think to do that with NXT based on my habit of catching up on them later.

2 Likes

Cody could take a dump on some people’s laps and they’d still chant “this is awesome”.

The “never criticise AEW for anything” crowd really get defensive quickly.

1 Like

I’ve been very critical of certain AEW things while being an obvious fan. I’m not “never criticize” I’m more of a “what would be better” kinda defender of the product.

1 Like

That’s totally fair but unfortunately not everyone is like that. Reminds me of how a lot of NXT fans used to be. Or ROH fans before that. The new toy must always be the answer to WWE main roster.

I’m the opposite as if I have time I will always watch NXT listen to UpNXT Thursday morning during my run. Also with Hulu live TV if I don’t watch NXT close to live I end up with the Hulu cut version whereas I still get the full AEW show.

1 Like