Who will win the ratings tonight? (2020-02-19)

• AEW
  • NXT

0 voters

The best Wrestling Show on TV: The Debate

1 Like

AEW - 893k 0.31 rating, 5th place in demo
NXT - 757k 0.25 rating, 16th place in demo

1 Like

Interesting that AEW having a great show doesn’t really impact NXT much. It is really looking like the shows have their audiences more or less locked in now with NXT at 740-800k and AEW with 800-900k

Yeah. I wonder what the switchover is in the over run. I doubt it’s like 400k or anything

I think next week is another big AEW win. NXT however into WM should pickup.

Sadly the TC vs JG program has been done to death and I’m not sure you can keep it interesting and hot. It will likely be loser leaves NXT.

Adam Cole needs a hot challenger (maybe Lee or Balor) and the need a solid build for Dream and Riddle too

I think they need to turn either Adam Cole or Kyle O’Reilly face. NXT needs something big to happen because it feels like they’ve been in a holding pattern since November.

2 Likes

Yup. I mean in all honesty no one cares that much about JG vs TC when we have seen it so many times with grudge match stips. Yes they flipped roles but it’s not exactly exciting.

They need a big change - maybe they get Strong or O’reilly to turn on UE and challenge Cole?

1 Like

I think it could be a big problem for Gargano and Ciampa moving forward. Both guys have basically said they don’t want to ever move to the main roster which kind of limits what WWE can do with them.

I think they would be screwed as singles guys but I always thought DIY could work on the main roster as an undersized babyface team

Except that then they are a tag team on the main roster WWE and screwed by defininition. If I were them I wouldn’t want to move up either.

As to going forward I don’t think things will change much at all, I also don’t think it is a big win, it is just the status quo at this point a big win for AEW to me is something that impacts the number from NXT which they really haven’t done.

AEW has shown that they will regularly put up numbers that are good/great for their network and time slot. Next step is a consistent 1,000,000 which, as mentioned above, would probably mean taking live viewers away from NXT.

Not sure how much of a priority (or a realistic possibility) that is any time soon, but that has to be in the long term plan.

I think they are still in the consistency phase, where if they are drawing 800-900k viewers weekly what they need to do is stay at that level and continue to put on interesting TV. HHH is not wrong about it being a long term game, and the company that consistently puts out the better program will start to win out over time. I also think increasing viewers is hard because part of what you need to overcome are viewing habits so unless they can win viewers from NXT they need to add new viewers or convince those watching on delay to turn in live.

1 Like

Start tuning in live @Breng77. I blame you for them not hitting 1 million.

4 Likes

I haven’t really watched either live very often recently I usually fall asleep early most of the time.

1 mill will be hard - even though the shows are better by other metrics (live attendance, PPV buys, speed of sell outs, canceling of Starrcast) they aren’t as popular as a few months ago.

I think they can get to the 1mil mark when they start the 2nd show. Having a 2nd night to draw attention may hook additional viewers. It will also start a new wave of promotion by TNT/Warner so I think it could help garner another 100-200k viewers.

1 Like