Who won the ratings last night (2019-11-27)?

I agree mostly. RAW was the best show probably. I liked NXT better - I didn’t like the intro for AEW and the whole MJF and Paige and DDP stuff was awful.

Nothing on NXT was straight up as bad. The Rush match was great. A lot of AEW was too predictable - you know that MJF has to win. You know Jericho has to win. You know Omega can’t lose again. Only surprise was Lucha Bro’s losing and that was just bizzare.

NXT was a bit more unpredictable. I agree Balor is bland but at least him hitting Coke gives him a bit more of an edge.

AEW has an uphill battle - their main A level talent roster is thin. The women’s
Division is straight up terrible. The have a great tab division and probably the hottest heel and face in wrestling (MFJ/Cody) and a believable over champ. They have good bones - just need to add the meat

I look at the numbers weekly on Showbuzz Daily and what I’ve seen is on the list of 150 shows, AEW has been higher than NXT every week. When I read that, it tells me that in what matters…AEW is ahead of NXT.

So you tell me then…am I reading it wrong or are they posting their shit wrong or are some people just trying to grasp at anything to say that NXT won a week?

1 Like

I mean Balor hitting coke live on TV is a huge story :joy:. Sorry I couldn’t resist the typo.

Drugs are bad .

3 Likes

NXT has more viewer. AEW has better demographics. NXT apparently has a large audience in 50+

Why are you so defensive and angry?

I just said look at the the numbers - it’s 0.26 vs 0.24. It’s a very tiny margin compared to most weeks

1 Like

I thought there were some funny lines, but I was underwhelmed by it too and expecting much more. That party with the job guys dancing like buffoons was not any better though. They were equally bad.

I wouldnt say awful, but it wasnt good. It was not what I was expecting and could have been way better.

Whats wrong with being predictable? There was no way Finn Balor was going to lose his first TV match on NXT, that is probably the most predictable thing on either show. There is nothing wrong with that though, he should have won that match.

I agree with all of this. Not just that, but I think their roster as a whole is thin. I dont think they have enough talent, before matches start to get old.

2 Likes

If being defensive is stating facts, then I guess I’m being defensive. Its just pretty annoying when other people wont accept them.

I stated what I have read. What I have seen on the website that I go on to read the ratings. I have seen every number in the demographics and I have seen every number in the total viewers. I have seen what place that each show ranks in the top 150 and it shows me that AEW is higher every time.

I asked a simple question and you didnt answer it. You just wanted to dance around it as usual. Should I take the website as truth, telling me AEW is ahead of NXT? Or should I take some people on a discussion forum, who believe a different number is better? I know what actually matter more, but I want your opinion. I asked you nicely, you didnt want to be called an idiot anymore and then you came back at me all hostile and not answering the question.

I apologize if it came across that way. I’m not trying to be rude and I’m sorry.

I agree AEW did win the key demos. But it wasn’t by as much as they usually do so the gap is narrowing in the key demo and widening in total viewers. It’s not a good trend for AEW.

I feel like they have the ability to turn this around but they need to make some stars - Omega and the Bucks don’t seem special yet. I hope Mox vs Jericho is $$& as it should be promo wise

I’d say they have introduced as much talent as they can feature right now. They should be building up: MJF, Darby Allin, Guevara and Luchasaurus. They’re fresh and all getting over. Give them more time on Dynamite ASAP

3 Likes

Agreed. They will likely do a good job with MJF - I would love to see him kept away from Cody and rack up victories for a bit building to a big match.

Darby has star material and he could be used as such and pushed.

They also have Omega who seems to finally be winning. No clear feud yet so hopefully they heat him up with a big one. Would love to see him and Gueverra

Not naive enough to think I’m the first person to consider this, but isn’t it likely that many younger viewers watching AEW live are still watching NXT later on, while most of the older viewers watching NXT live are not also watching AEW? I’d hate to generalize, but I feel like a younger demographic is more tech savvy and more inclined to stream (legally or otherwise) or DVR shows for later viewing.

Obviously, this doesn’t impact the ratings in the way that the companies and networks care about ($$$), but I do think it’s likely that a higher percentage of AEW’s 663K are also NXT viewers than NXT’s 810K are also AEW viewers. In other words, NXT may be “stealing” eyeballs from the competition at a greater rate than AEW… for whatever that’s worth.

Hard to say I’ve only seen “3 day” ratings for this past week, and they were fairly similar. I would say that NXT being on the Network the next day likely hurts its live viewing.

There is some truth to this.

I think those over 50 aren’t watching AEW much. They probably don’t know these wrestlers and watch it.

For younger people I think they watch what’s hotter. NXT seems hotter off SS right now. If AEW heats up I would expect it to lean AEW