Will Ospreay: "I'm back in NJPW", not walking through forbidden door or signing life away

Originally published at Will Ospreay: "I'm back in NJPW", not walking through forbidden door or signing life away

Will Ospreay spoke backstage immediately following his loss to Kazuchika Okada at Wrestle Kingdom 16 and stated he is back in New Japan Pro Wrestling.

The 28-year old headlined the second night of Wrestle Kingdom 16, ending with Okada’s arm raised and the claim as the undisputed IWGP world heavyweight champion.

Ospreay was stripped of the title last year, which led to Shingo Takagi succeeding Ospreay as champion. Takagi was defeated by Okada for the title on night one with Okada making his first defense against Ospreay.

During the backstage press conference with media, Ospreay indicated he is staying with New Japan while making cryptic comments regarding why he won’t be going to AEW or WWE without stating the promotions by name:

I apologize to the fans that want to fantasy book but I’m not walking through no forbidden door seeing that door is firmly closed for me. And, I’m not signing my life away to someone else so I can get fired eight months down the line.

I ain’t going anywhere. I’m back in New Japan Pro Wrestling and I’m going to stay here until I main event another Tokyo Dome because I will and I will hold this championship once more. Until then, you can have it back. I don’t need your help, I don’t need any friends, I’ve got my brothers (Great O-Khan and Aaron Henare). This isn’t the last you’ve seen of me.