Worse introduction: Matt Riddle or Keith Lee

Good point. How long was Stone Cold or the Rock at the top? A few years. Now, we got guys hanging around forever.

Agreed, in the WWF(E) just look at how long most of the true top top guys were actually on top. It seems like Triple H and Taker changed the norm and now most of the top guys stick around forever. Main reason is likely lack of competition (pre AEW).

I know some of these guys came back for a match here or there, but these guys were on top in WWE for roughly:

Hogan - '84 to '93 (9 years)
Hart - '92 to '97 (5 years)
Austin - '97 to '02. (5 years)
HBK - '96 to '98 and '02 to '10 (10 years)
Rock - '98 to '02. (4 years)

Compared to the newer generation:

Cena - '05 to '17/'18ish - (13 years)
Orton - '04 to present (16 years and going)
Roman - ‘15 - present (5 years and going)

Then when you factor in Big Show, Kane etc. It leads to a lot of top guys being around forever. Hopefully with AEW appearing to be legit, top guys jump back and forth. It will be good for both companies.

2 Likes

And that’s why I don’t understand people cheerleading AEW to fail. Having them around forces WWE to be better and gives people more places to work.

1 Like

Another big loss for Riddle. Putting over Corbin clean is a sure fire way to drawing money :laughing:

If all of the people who love to constantly shit on WWE just stopped watching and following, they’d actually have to fix the problems.

2 Likes

exactly. It’s like that guy who complains about his job, but can’t do anything to fix it. You just gotta move on. Now that we have more options (AEW, NJPW, Impact, RoH, etc), it should be easier than before

Did they fix all their problems when half the TV audience left?

I watch (FF) the TV product because WWE is the industry leader and the things they do impact every other promotion. I still love a lot of the talents despite how poorly they get used. I don’t give WWE a dime though.

Also I watch to listen to John and Wai’s reviews (which is a big reason why we are all here).

The only way WWE gets better is if Vince dies, they haven’t cared about what the fans think for many years

1 Like

Definitely Riddle. I have no idea who this character is for or what the point of it is. Nobody is like this. It’s what Vince McMahon thinks a stoner is. I just don’t get it.

They were still the #1 promotion the last time they lost half of their audience. They won’t be if it happens again.

It is weird, I’ve never gotten that mindset. If you don’t like something, just don’t watch it. It’s silly to force yourself to watch something when all it does is make you mad.

2 Likes

I knew they were going to screw up Matt Riddle.Those scripted promos are absolutely dreadful. I’m more surprised with the handling of Keith Lee.

1 Like

More “character developing” for Lee and Riddle on RAW last night :laughing:

I think Lee lost to a big boot from Strowman (who got squashed by Roman on Friday). Riddle lost because he couldn’t stop staring at AJ’s tall bodyguard.

Remember when HHH said guys will have plans when they get called up

2 Likes

It’s god awful for both really.

2 Likes

Hey I’m going to beat a dead horse here. There was a really good story to tell with Braun and Keith. Keith has been endorsed by Mark Henry as the next best big man in WWE and the Big Show has the done the same thing with Braun. Easy storyline and you could have Big Show and Mark play the role of mentors.

1 Like

And now Lee needs help to beat Elias.

Meanwhile Riddle just loses all the time clean

Just going to quote what I said a month ago. Looks like it has quickly come true.

1 Like

Pete Dunne is back so Riddle can come back to NXT. Let’s do this.

And now Riddle no longer has a first name

:flushed:

Vince and his obsessions.