Worst of 2020 Show - LIVE Tuesday 1/12 at 8 pm ET

THE “I NEVER WANT TO WATCH WRESTLING AGAIN” MOMENT OF THE YEAR - Street Profits vs Viking Raiders compete against each other

WORST MATCH OF THE YEAR - Edge vs Orton at Mania 36

WORST WRESTLER (Male) - Braun Strowman

WORST WRESTLER (Female) - Lacey Evans

WORST TAG TEAM - Viking Raiders

WORST PROMOTION - Bellator

WORST CINEMATIC MATCH - Viking Raiders vs Street Proftis

WORST FEUD - Viking Raiders vs Street Profits

WORST EVENT - AEW All Out (only watched a few WWE shows)

WORST ON THE MIC - Seth Rollins

WORST GIMMICK - Monday night messiah

WORST BROADCASTER - Byron Saxton

MOST UNDERUTILIZED - Ricochet

WORST SERIES (In-Ring) - 205 live

WORST PROMOTIONAL TACTIC - Early lack of COVID testing by WWE

THE “I NEVER WANT TO WATCH WRESTLING AGAIN” MOMENT OF THE YEAR
Every time I finish watching Raw

WORST MATCH OF THE YEAR - Jon Moxley vs Brian Cage - Fight for the Fallen

WORST WRESTLER (Male) Jon Moxley
Ill give him credit for great promo’s and some drawing power, but for me personally seeing him in main event after main event in disappointing matches just got tiresome with him pludery/awkward style. Maybe “overutilized” would be a better category for how I feel.

WORST WRESTLER (Female) Brandi

WORST TAG TEAM - Roodolph

WORST PROMOTION - Impact Wrestling
Props for the final few weeks

WORST CINEMATIC MATCH - Bray vs Strowman - Swamp Match

WORST FEUD - Hurt Business vs Ricochet/Apollo/Alexander
All great performers and this is based purely on booking/overexposure. This feud dragged and dragged and made the faces look like total chumps.

WORST EVENT - WWE Extreme Rules
Swamp Match, Ziggler vs Drew, & Eye vs Eye say it all. Even a match of the year candidate in Sasha vs Asuka couldn’t save this disaster.

WORST ON THE MIC Ricochet

WORST GIMMICK - Supernatural Fiend
I love the Bray Wyatt/Fiend character when its presented like someone who is deranged. When they go the supernatural route such as the Fiend rising from a burning coffin, I absolutely hate it.

WORST BROADCASTER - Raw Team
Maybe not “bad” in the traditional sense, but way to generic and boring. I see this more of a Vince issue though then the individuals.

MOST UNDERUTILIZED - Ricochet

WORST SERIES (In-Ring) RAW

WORST PROMOTIONAL TACTIC - WWE not bulk shooting early in the pandemic

1 Like

My favorite show of the year!

2 Likes

WWE letting go 40% of their staff, in ring and producers in the middle of a pandemic while recording record profits

WORST MATCH OF THE YEAR
Women’s Survivor Series Match

WORST WRESTLER (Male)
Braun Strowman

WORST WRESTLER (Female)
Lana

WORST TAG TEAM
Roode and Ziggler

WORST PROMOTION
WWE

WORST CINEMATIC MATCH
Swamp fight.

WORST FEUD
Seth Rollins vs the Mysterio family, special mention to Drew Vs Randy… the feud that just never ended.

WORST EVENT
WWE Extreme Rules

WORST ON THE MIC
Ricochet

WORST GIMMICK
Retribution

WORST BROADCASTER
Smackdown Announce team

MOST UNDERUTILIZED
Aleister Black

WORST SERIES (In-Ring)
RAW

WORST PROMOTIONAL TACTIC
Putting the title on Goldberg in Saudi because he caused a slight uptick in the ratings.

1 Like

-Street Profits vs Viking Raiders segments

WORST MATCH OF THE YEAR - Street Profits vs Viking Raiders Cinematic match

WORST WRESTLER (Male) - Bray Wyatt

WORST WRESTLER (Female) - Tamina

WORST TAG TEAM - Gallus

WORST PROMOTION - WWE

WORST CINEMATIC MATCH - Viking Raiders vs Street Profits

WORST FEUD - Bray Wyatt vs Braun Strowman

WORST EVENT - Extreme Rules

WORST ON THE MIC - Ember Moon

WORST GIMMICK - Retribution

WORST BROADCASTER - Byron Saxton

MOST UNDERUTILIZED - Andrade

WORST SERIES (In-Ring) - WWE Raw

WORST PROMOTIONAL TACTIC - WWE’s COVID response.

THE “I NEVER WANT TO WATCH WRESTLING AGAIN” MOMENT OF THE YEAR - Le Dinner Debonair. Absolute drivel. Not remotely relevant to the characters, just weird

WORST MATCH OF THE YEAR - Any AEW womens match, probably one involving Britt Baker. Botch fest

WORST WRESTLER (Male) - Orange Cassidy. I just don’t get it

WORST WRESTLER (Female) - Brandi - there are only two reasons she is in a prominent role. One is the company she keeps, the other is her looks

WORST TAG TEAM - Viking Raiders - didnt really like them that much in NXT, but they’ve somehow been made way worse

WORST PROMOTION - Impact (I’ve chosen from the big few options)

WORST CINEMATIC MATCH - Swamp match - not for me Clive

WORST FEUD - Britt Baker v Big Swole - crap matches, bad build up, and none of it made sense

WORST EVENT - Money in The Bank (just ahead of All Out)

WORST ON THE MIC - Riccochet

WORST GIMMICK - Darby Allin - Who could possibly be intimidated by a lightweight, emo version of Bart Simpson who needs protection from a 69 year old man? Nothing says tough guy like a skateboard

WORST BROADCASTER - JR - living off past glories, sounds like he’s lost, doesn’t seem to know what’s going on half the time

MOST UNDERUTILIZED - Aleister Black - not even close. What a waste

WORST SERIES (In-Ring) - Raw. Too long, too PG, too scripted. If the AEW Women’s Division was its own series, it would be this by a mile.

WORST PROMOTIONAL TACTIC - AEW rankings system - it’s totally pointless. Gets ignored half the time, some of the champions operate “open challenges” and then they have winner takes all battle royals. What’s the point?

1 Like

:joy: I’m freakin dying.

I’d lay down some big money, that he’d still probably lay a beating on you.

By that logic, we should shut down this entire “Worst of” thread. And probably the whole forum, because I read some comments in the NBA thread from posters who probably can’t beat LeBron in a dunk contest.

THE “I NEVER WANT TO WATCH WRESTLING AGAIN” MOMENT OF THE YEAR : Every Monday night raw.

WORST MATCH OF THE YEAR: Sammy Geuvara vs Matt Hardy (aew all out)

WORST WRESTLER (Male) Jungle boy.

WORST WRESTLER (Female) Nia Jax (nuff said)

WORST TAG TEAM Street Profits

WORST PROMOTION

WORST CINEMATIC MATCH Street Profits vs Viking Raiders

WORST FEUD Hurt business vs Retribution

WORST EVENT awe All Out. Wwe extreme rules. (Tie)

WORST ON THE MIC Miz and morrison.

WORST GIMMICK. Tozawa and the ninjas

WORST BROADCASTER. Josh Matthews and madison rayne.

MOST UNDERUTILIZED. Aliester black.

WORST SERIES (In-Ring) Monday night raw.

WORST PROMOTIONAL TACTIC. Wwe response to covid.

Now I really want to see Darby say “don’t have a cow, man” to Taz

No one else made idiotic remarks about someone, besides one person and I’m pretty certain no one was saying anything about LeBron on court, it’s mostly stuff off court that people don’t like.

That’s probably the best pick for worst match. I didn’t watch it though but I know what happened.

1 Like

It’s idiotic to say I don’t find a wrestler remotely intimidating? I would have thought that was a useful trait for a wrestler to have. But hey, what do I know.

Also, being able to beat me (you have no idea, I could be Daba Kato for all you know) doesn’t really prove you’re a potential wrestling star

It was up there for me but at least it was short. I can forgive and forget short terrible stuff. Waste 30 mins or more and it’s a bigger issue for me

Deezy, is it you ?

2 Likes

I NEVER WANT TO WATCH WRESTLING MOMENT - All the bad promos in WWE.

WORST MATCH OF THE YEAR - Any Bray Wyatt main event. I find his matches so boring.

WORST WRESTLER MALE - Baron Corbin I usually skip his matches.

WORST WRESTLER FEMALE - Nia Jax I usually skip her matches.

WORST TAG TEAM - Breezango because I cant take them seriously. I still like them.

WORST PROMOTION - Easy answer WWE With all the money and talent they have the product should be so much better than it is.

WORST CINEMATIC MATCH - Gargano vs Ciampa I was bored watching that match.

WORST FEUD - Retribution vs anyone.

WORST EVENT - Saudi Arabia

WORST ON THE MIC - Nia Jax

WORST GIMMICK - New Day the gimmick is getting old now. I want to see them try something new.

WORST BROADCASTER - Micheal Cole He still sounds very fake and he over sells some matches by saying it is great when it is not.

MOST UNDERUTILIZED - Samoa Joe this guy should be wrestling. He should be near or in main events. Let him be the Samoan badass. He would be so over as a face.

WORST SERIES - RAW

WORST PROMOTIONAL TACTIC - Putting NXT On USA. It should have just stayed on the network and continue to be 1 hour. TAKEOVERS Have not been too good this year. WWE has been having better PPVs than NXT. That never used to happen.

The “ i never want to watch wrestling again” moment of the year= Wrestle house from impact.
Worst male= Braun strowman
Worst female= havok
Worst tag team= Viking raiders
Worst promotion= wwe
Worst cinematic match= Braun vs Wyatt swamp match.
Worst feud= moose vs ec3
Worst event= super showdown
Worst on the mic= Ricochet
Worst gimmick= curt Hawkins the most professional wrestler
Worst broadcaster= Madison rayne
Worst series in ring= raw
Most Underutilized = ricochet
Worst promotional tactic. Wwe response to COVID

THE “I NEVER WANT TO WATCH WRESTLING AGAIN” MOMENT OF THE YEAR – Matt Hardy hitting head on the concrete floor after being speared by Sammy Guevara

WORST MATCH OF THE YEAR - Brock Lesnar vs. Ricochet at Super ShowDown. It wiped Ricochet off the face of the earth and is now nowhere to be found.

WORST WRESTLER (Male) - Dexter Lumis - I don’t get him at all. So boring.

WORST WRESTLER (Female) - Nia Jax - Why is she still employed?

WORST TAG TEAM - Miz and Morrison - At this point, they just make me change the channel

WORST PROMOTION - All Japan Pro Wrestling - Really lackluster at the second half of 2020 with Suwama as the Triple Crown champ and inconsistent booking of freelance guys. I just decided not to pick WWE because I know it’s bad by default every year so to me, it’s not even a worthy choice.

WORST CINEMATIC MATCH - Bray Wyatt vs Braun Strowman Swamp Match at The Horror Show at Extreme Rules

WORST FEUD - Bray Wyatt vs Randy Orton

WORST EVENT - Super Showdown

WORST ON THE MIC - Dominik Mysterio

WORST GIMMICK - The Thunderdome - I find it really distracting along with the fake crowd noise

WORST BROADCASTER - Corey Graves

MOST UNDERUTILIZED - Rhea Ripley

WORST SERIES (In-Ring) - WWE Raw, obviously

WORST PROMOTIONAL TACTIC - WWE letting go of its staff the week after WrestleMania in the middle of a pandemic while still making good profits margins.

1. THE “I NEVER WANT TO WATCH WRESTLING AGAIN” MOMENT OF THE YEAR - WWE layoffs at the beginning of the pandemic despite recording record profits
  2. WORST MATCH OF THE YEAR - Seth Rollins vs. Rey Mysterio “Eye for an Eye match”
  3. WORST WRESTLER (Male) - Elias
  4. WORST WRESTLER (Female) - Nia Jax
  5. WORST TAG TEAM - Viking Raiders
  6. WORST PROMOTION - WWE
  7. WORST CINEMATIC MATCH - Bray Wyatt vs. Braun Strowman (Swamp Fight)
  8. WORST FEUD - Viking Raiders vs. Street Profits
  9. WORST ANGLE - Anything with the 24/7 Title
  10. WORST EVENT - WWE Super Showdown
  11. WORST ON THE MIC - Ricochet
  12. WORST GIMMICK - Retribution
  13. WORST BROADCASTER - Byron Saxton
  14. MOST UNDERUTILIZED - Cesaro
  15. WORST SERIES (In-Ring) - WWE Raw
  16. WORST PROMOTIONAL TACTIC - Exploiting Jeff Hardy’s past alcohol and Drug problems