Worst wrestling take you’ve seen recently.

Wrestling is all about drawing money. It’s like a carnival.

1 Like

Yup. All WWF did was create/popularized the term. And yes, there’s definitely a distinct difference in presentation between 80s and 90s WWF versus somewhere like Crockett/NWA. But in 2022, even the best “technical” wrestling match more closely resembles 2000s WWE sports entertainment style than to Hackenschmidt working a headlock for 90 minutes.

And I’m not trying to say that one is better than the other, I’m just saying that the terms/distinction are fairly meaningless when you’re talking about the modern product. And anybody who tries is misusing the terms or arguing in bad faith, because they want their preference to be “right” and not just their preference.

1 Like

Are you trying to say putting your hands in your pockets to climb a ladder and grab a hanging object Isn’t what people would do in a real match? No way Only WWE does that kind of stuff

2 Likes

Even then pro-wrestling has never been a actual sport it is and always has been a stage show pretending to be sport for the purpose of entertainment. I.e. sports entertainment. I think it has trended more to the “unrealistic” aspects as real combat sports have evolved. Why watch a scripted standard fight when I can watch an actual fight.

1 Like

Don’t saw you don’t want to see Marina vs Jade or they will cancel you :joy:

Didn’t they already do Marina vs Jade? I could have sworn I saw it lol

Yes they did. But if you point it out the AEW womens wrestlers will attack you

1 Like

Some actual context to this “attack” on these poor innocent souls:

A relatively well known wrestling podcaster/commentator/youtuber directly responded to the tweet announcing the match with an obnoxious expression of his distaste for it (including directly tagging the AEW women involved).

AEW women, including some uninvolved in the match, are now roasting him and apparently some people can give it but not take it.

https://twitter.com/Jade_Cargill/status/1586742121419112448

2 Likes

I don’t know how popular this guy is, but he’s been showing up in my feed more and more when I search for wrestling stuff on Twitter. His followers appear to be very Cornette-like in that they’re just trying to get pats on the back from the teacher by defending and agreeing with everything he says.

I’ve actually seen plenty of intelligent and fair takes from him, but they’re always delivered in the style of “as I predicted weeks ago“ or “how many times do I have to tell you“.

Looks like he played crazy games and won crazy prizes, but was not happy with said won crazy prizes, but still wants to play crazy games. It’s been fun to watch the wrestlers tear into him.

2 Likes

You tag people with your criticism, you’re asking for it. The attention is probably exactly what he wants. I just choose to ignore people like that.

1 Like

Tagging people and engaging with verified or more amplified accounts will boost said persons appearance in other feeds. It’s the design of the flawed product. All those people you don’t follow up wind up in your feed because of topics or mutual followers.

Hopefully Elon fixes this. But yeah, dont hate the player hate the the game, then player.

1 Like

I don’t know the real demand/need for this, but I would like a “are you sure you want to tag ALL of these people” prompt when you reply to a tweet. Or something like an “only tag original tweeter in reply” option. Because there is a place for actual criticism when it comes to public figures (their work, not their personal lives), but they don’t need to be tagged in every film school dropout or Jim Cornette wannabe’s half-baked opinion.

Or… radical concept… stop being shitty on the internet.

Wow - Jade, Marina and Nyla really proved him wrong :nauseated_face:

Truth would’ve cleared the top rope if this match was on Raw…

Giving benefit of the doubt that the poster is being serious and not trolling, his basic premise is that Waller was in the wrong position (false) and/or that he should have caught him while getting kicked in the face.