WRESTLE UNIVERSE to stream 'Prominence' group's hardcore and death matches

Originally published at WRESTLE UNIVERSE to stream Prominence's hardcore & death matches

‘Prominence’ is being welcomed under the CyberFight umbrella.

The ‘Prominence’ group was formed by Risa Sera, Suzu Suzuki, Akane Fujita, Mochi Miyagi and Kurumi Hiiragi, who all departed Ice Ribbon at the conclusion of 2021. Their group focuses on hardcore and death matches and they have struck a deal with CyberFight to broadcast some of their events on the WRESTLE UNIVERSE service.

A press conference was held today and CyberFight President Sanshiro Takagi was present. There are going to be pre-flagship shows airing from January through March leading up to their formal debut on WRESTLE UNIVERSE. The first of the pre-flagship shows is scheduled for 1/16.

During the press conference, Sanshiro Takagi expressed that having women’s death matches and hardcore matches is unique. He’s interested because it is different from NOAH, Tokyo Joshi Pro, Ganbare Pro and DDT which are under the CyberFight umbrella.

We are going to have hardcore and deathmatch fights, and it’s not easy to have female fighters doing that, so it’s very original. I was interested in this event because I thought it would be different from the other four organizations that Cyber Fight runs. The level of competition was high and the quality was high, so I really want this to be distributed in Japan and around the world so that people will know about it. I’m looking forward to following it from pre-flag to flagship.

Risa Sera added the following:

I’m looking forward to it. I’m looking forward to it. I think we’ll be able to show . I hope you can see our fight.

先ほど会見でお話しした通り、1〜3月のプロミネンスさんのプレ旗揚げ戦、4月の旗揚げ戦をWRESTLE UNIVERSEで独占生配信する事になりました!プロミネンスさんの掲げる女子のハードコア&デスマッチはまた違う色を見せてくれると思います!WRESTLE UNIVERSEお楽しみ下さい! https://t.co/aqG0Acf5PG pic.twitter.com/teQ4Lp3sAb

— 高木三四郎 SanshiroTakagi (@t346fire) January 6, 2022

CyberFight’s Tokyo Joshi Pro recently welcomed actress Juria Nagano onto their talent roster and to read more about that, check out POST Wrestling’s article about the topic.